Saturday 19 January 2013

My most used stamp(s)


Hi you all, hope you are enjoying your weekend. It is very cold here still, but we didn't have any more snow today. But we will be in for some surprises in the next few days - we have warm, wet air coming from the south, and icy cold coming from the north east, and they will be meeting more or less over our heads, so we must expect snow, freezing rain and icy roads. Good excuse for me to stay home and get crafty!

At Out of a Hat Creations the ladies are asking us to use our favourite stamps, or stamps that we use most. I have such a lot of faves that this is no easy task, but there are a few stamps which I use a lot for background stamping, and I have used them here. I messed up a piece of canvas I was painting last week, the colours would not behave as I wanted. When the paint was dry, I stamped it using my script, diamond, clock, swirls, and face stamps - all from LaBlanche, using embossing ink and white EP. I stamped randomly in all directions. 


Then I used my dies to cut different things - words, umbrella men, and some bigger pieces to use for tags. I cut some little birds with a Martha Stewart punch to use up the smallest leftovers. As the canvas is rather rough, the embossing is uneven, which gives a great distressed effect.




And I made these two tags using some of my 'bits'. 


For the first one, I cut a tag from cardboard which I distressed, gave it some golden edges with Utee and added some lace and some of my embellishments. I am also entering this tag into the Simon Says Stamp and Show 'lace love' challenge.


For the second one I used the distressed background, with some coordinating embellishments for a quick tag.



I had great fun playing, as always!

Have a great weekend, take care, and thanks for visiting!


28 comments:

  1. Great way to rescue your canvas, love what you have made! Keep warm!Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect you got with those stamps over the canvas it looks great. I love what you have made from it very effective. I think my fab is the corrugated tag. Thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your merge of colours and the die cuts are a lot of fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rescued projects and yours are fab great colours. Very cold here and more snow forcast.....more crafting days yipee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. as usual fab val and well done on rescuing your canvas, I love it all...

    keep warm and safe...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful way of using your canvas Valerie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic rescue, the canvas looks great. Wonderful tags as well.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME SAVE! I love what you have done with this piece or should I say, "pieces." You have given me an idea to work on that canvas from earlier this week, that I just dislike so much! Stay in and craft! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Das gefällt mir ja wieder unglaublich gut! Dein erster Tag ist soooo genial , mit dem "Regenschleier" und den tollen Farben, hach einfach toll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Valerie, I love how you got such a great collection of stamping and textures all rolled in here! The tags are splendid! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the way you just 'pile it on' and it comes out looking like a million bucks. The canvas is so interesting, and your tags, as always are simply top of the heap. The umbrella man repeated is very effective. Hope you are having a great day. Keep warm. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work on everything in this post.It is incredible how you manage to rescue everything and make something special in the end.

    Always good to have you join us at Out of a Hat with your ideas and artwork.

    Have a good day Valerie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb reworking of the discarded canvas, the white stamping is very effective - and then to cut it up and have all those elements to use on other projects, what a great idea!.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous way to use your canvas.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great art Valerie... I love how you used up all your bits on the tags!

    Keep warm, snowing again here!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, they're fabulous stamps and everything looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The coloured and stamped canvas is just fabulous Valerie, I love the purples and blues and you've created two beautiful tags. Love the wings on the umbrella man and the 'nature' one is so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These all look fabulous...so much texture and wonderful colours too! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a day like that... and you not only made your masterboard and did all those cuts, but have already used some on projects... how fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Val these are all brilliant. I love the colours and what you did with the canvas. Love it when it goes wrong it gives you some of the best surprises doesn't it. Our weather is similar to yours. We have new snow today so its about 10cm now. Nothing compared to some. Take care and keep warm.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAMMERSCHÖN ist das alles...ich komm hier ins Schwärmen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful. I love the umbrella man too! The white writing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this Valerie ( I liked it even before you stamped over it too) It's amazing what a difference die cutting has made, and your finished pieces are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look at all this wonderful artwork... love it Valerie!!
    Very inspiring. :]
    I think we all have a few "go to" stamps when it comes to arting.
    Take care. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those tags are some of my favorites of all you have done! Just beautiful and loaded with textures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your background stamps are brilliant,love your canvas.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Out of a Hat
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks amazing my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.