Wednesday 23 January 2013

Crafting to keep warm....

Hi everybody! It's another cold, dull and frosty day here. Yesterday I was very brave again, packed myself into as many layers as I could manage and went walking along the Rhine. It was good to get out into the very fresh air, but even better to come home again to hot veggie soup!

i have been playing with cardboard again, and want to enter these 2 pieces into 2 challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show want to see something in the style we are known for, and ABAC want to have everything tied up. My style is very mixed, but I love playing with cardboard, string, scraps of this and that, and a little bit of gold and/or lace. I have loved painting and crafting as long as I can remember, and always had to use what was at hand rather than buying stuff, and I am sure this is not a bad thing! Both the tag and the hanging fit this description.

The tag has been made from distressed cardboard, some Utee gold, scraps, some home made beads and a piece of ribbon. The bead is just falling off in the first picture, but I have now used more glue to keep it where it should be.






The hanging is made from cardboard, partly peeled, painted with gesso and stamped. The matting has been made from an assortment of scraps, and my fave umbrella man is making another appearance. I love the quote I have used here, which is from Luciano De Crescenzo.






That's all for today, I need to get dressed and go for a walk - brrrrrrrrrr!
Take care, keep warm, and thanks for visiting!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Val, lovely work again today! i LOVE your cardboardy pieces, they really are you! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr morning Valerie :) Very you style tags super :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tags Valerie - lots to look at.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tags. Love the texture in the gold strip on the one tag. Keep warm and enjoy your walk. Got schnaps? hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing textures and that rich colour tone would warm anyone.
    Try and keep cozy Valerie.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady,
    You had me at "cardboard" I knew I was in for a beautiful treat, and I was RIGHT! I love both of these but the one winged angel is my fave because that umbrella man is also near and dear to my heart. Also LOVE that quote!
    extra BIG hug to help stay warm,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces today! The cardboard adds so much dimension and interest to your already pretty work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work valerie love all the tetures you have achieved Umbrella man with wings has to be my fav as I love him!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cardboard is not eassy to make gorgeous, but it certainly is for you! Valerie, these are both beautiful and I love that cardboard and gold combo! Stay warm! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful textures Valerie and I love the gold.

    Hope it has warmed up a bit for you.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super tags Valerie, I am loving the gold on top of the corrugated card. There's nothing like homemade soup to warm the cockles! TTFN xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like nothing better than to use something I've salvaged from some packaging or junk mail :)

    Love all the layers and textures on your hanging, and the quote is lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful tags today! stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good girl going for your walks, it is soooo cold too! Gorgeous tags, these are definitely your style. I absolutely love how you stamped into the embossing, it looks awesome! Stay warm, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the details! I love the look of cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic projects again. Love all the textures and the amazing amount of details you add.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pieces, Valerie. I especially like the melted gold UTEE on the cardboard. I need to try this as it is beautiful!

    Stay warm...it is still very cold here.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you getting out and braving the cold weather. And these look amazing. All that gold looks wonderful.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  19. The textures you have achieved are lovely and then they are topped by the lush gold! Beautiful! Isn't corrugated cardboard the best?
    Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are both beautiful but the tag is my favourite with that gorgeous image, the gold and the lace - perfect!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you mix it up...a little scrap, a little gold, and a little ribbon and then it's gorgeous! Fabulous pieces here! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.