Monday 21 January 2013

It's cold outside!

Hi you all! Another cold and frosty day is closing, and today I braved the elements and went for a walk along the stream, which much to my astonishment is not frozen over; there were even ducks swimming along. This week should be getting colder and colder according to the weather men. Really not necessary, it's cold enough!
Here are some impressions from my walk along the stream. Sorry the first photo is so dark, I don't know why!






I spent the rest of the day trying to keep warm at home, and crafting. It's Tag Tuesday tomorrow, and we have reached 'C' in the alphabet, so I decided to be really original and chose 'cat' as my word.  I drew a zen-doodle cat, which I mounted onto a tag made from some card cut from some Prima packaging, it is much too nice to throw away!



And I spent several happy hours playing with cardboard - ripping, gessoing, playing with Utee and making a nice mess in my kitchen. This hanging has been made with small scraps from other projects, and an image from CI, mounted onto a square of cardboard painted with gesso and distressed with Victorian Velvet DI and gold Utee The flower has been die-cut from some ancient book paper, and dipped in clear Utee, into which I have stamped with a script stamp.




I will share the rest of the projects I made in my next post. Till then, keep warm, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!

22 comments:

  1. Just popped onto your blog to see if you had posted already, and i was lucky. Nice frosty pics, and love what you have made, especially the cardboard piece! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Valerie and really beautiful textured artwork too.
    You keep warm as well.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Valerie

    Love your wintry pictures.... our snow is still hanging around and its so cold here too.

    Love you Zentangle cat..... and the effect of the gold on the ridges of the card.... that looks so good!!!

    Night night!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your zen-doodle cat is wonderful. I spied a coy owl along the cat's neck - wonderful!! And your hanging is very beautiful. Am looking forward to seeing more :0) mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie, those pictures do look beautiful and oh so cold! Love the kitty kat and I have never seen a more gorgoues piece of cardboard! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your photos--it's bitter cold here. Your zentangle cat is amazing--I'm going to work on my "c" tag tonight. Gorgeous gold piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr....we're supposed to get colder weather as the week goes on...stay warm Valerie!

    I love your Zen cat!
    The tag is wonderful too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all your creations here my friend. That zentangle cat has me smiling.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love the Cat - has lots of character. Nice wintery photos fro your walk. Hope you are enjoying your day. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific wintry scenes Valerie and wonderful crafty work as always.

    Have a great day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabbie cat Valerie, I can see the owl and I love it's sparkly heart. Great tag too but did no-one tell that woman it's the middle of winter - she must be freezing! Very cold here too and there's loads of snow just a few miles inland but being on the coast we've escaped the worst of it. Sending warm hugs. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the photo's, its just like that here, pretty as a picture, freezing cold and more snow forecast.
    Your project is awesome, love the textures abd details.
    Yvonne xx
    Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tags Valerie. I really like your zentangled cat. Been snowing here all day. Think I'll just stay in. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's below freezing here today (Tuesday), too! I love the zendoodle cat! When I first looked at it I thought some of the dots were punched through--gave me a design idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your beautiful comment, Valerie. Your snow fotos are gorgeous. It snowed here in Athens for a couple of hours and then it..melted.. :(
    I love the "mess" you made in your kitchen, btw!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Photos are beautiful, Valerie! I adore that zen cat and the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that cat, so awesome that you salvaged the packaging too, very clever! Your winter photos are beautiful too, you really do have an eye for photography. Your Utee flower is gorgeous on the beautiful cardboard tag too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE your cardboard creation Val. Its truly fabulous!!!
    Stay warm hon.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. brrr... it sure is!
    This is a beautiful tag, Valerie.
    Love the close up photos of your work, nice touch. :]
    Stay warm. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your Zen cat very much. He looks every bit the artisocrat.
    I'm playing along in another alpha challenge which just so happens to be C this week too so I think I may well incorporate my chosen word into both. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice snowy photos...Love your tags the textures are fantastic! All that gold is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.