Monday 7 January 2013

More Postcards.

Hi you all, another week has started, let's see what it brings.  I managed to get out for a walk today. The water level of the Rhine has dropped, and it looks like it's slowly going back to normal, but the water looked so muddy,  the sky was grey, the wind was cold, and I did not enjoy my walk along the towpath as much as I sometimes do. But my cup of hot cocoa on getting back home was good!

I have some more postcards to share with you today, once again made in mixed media techniques, using scraps, paint, die-cut waste, and diverse bits from my bottomless bit box. 


Here I used a  fussy cut scrap of designer paper - I think it was Webster's pages - on a painted background with some added bits and bobs and some hand-doodling.


Here I used the waste from an umbrella man die cut, over some paper which I had used to try out various stamps.  The miri-board shows the reflection of my hands!


Here I made a background of torn paper scraps, painted over with metallic paint. I printed out the picture of Anne Frank, and added a sentence from her diary. The cut off tree and clock symbolise her life, that was cut off because of the abject wickedness of the Nazis. The Hebrew text reads, 'Hodu L'Adonia, ki tov, ki le'olam chasdo - Praise the Lord, for he is good, for he loves the world'


For this postcard I used one of the envelopes that Donna sent me, as these stamps are just too good to hide away. Tissue tape, aqua paint and a cut out of a man who seems to have had a good time complete the card.


My Tag for Tag Tuesday will be a day late this week, so till then, take care, and thanks for coming by!

22 comments:

  1. Your cards get better all the time, I love them all! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all just gorgeous Valerie. Beautifully bright and cheerful.
    Sorry you didn't enjoy the walk but fresh air is good.
    A belated Happy New Year and sorry it's been long time no visit.
    Hugs, Fliss xx
    PS: Hope you're fully recovered now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pieces of art Valerie, I can see why you didn't want to hide those postage stamps away. It's good to see you're getting out and about again xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your resourcefulness continues to amaze me. I adore each and every one - don't think I could pick a favorite. The Ann Frank quote you chose always simply amazes me ... such hope under such bleak circumstances. I'm not at all sure I could have done it. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous postcards, Valerie! Of course you know I just LOVE the umbrella man, but I really love the Anne Frank postcard too!.. Wishing you a blessed and very Happy New Year! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done on more postcards val, love the way you used the envelope with the stamps,

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely assortment of postcards, somewhat sombre when I think of Anne Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these postcards and as much as I always adore that Umbrella Guy, that man who had the good time is just such fun! Happy Monday and send warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful postcards my crafty friend. I do hope it warms up a bit for you!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so wonderful!! So much technique and thought to create them too. I particularly love the one with the bird and my absolute favourite is the Anne Frank postcard. I was inspired by her story as a child and I have never lost that interest for Anne the person/child and how she coped with her short life. Wonderful stuff here!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous, Valerie! :]
    Beautiful work. I really like all the collage elements you used in your work.
    "CHEERS!" ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Valerie

    Glad you managed to get out for a walk yesterday.....

    The sun is shining today but its been so dull, damp and miserable I have to be practically dragged outside!!! Though I do quite like it when I am out!!!!

    Great work again, I especially love the Anne Frank piece and the envelope.... that man is wicked!!!

    Have a good day :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just have to love wicked men?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased you managed to get out for a walk even if it wasn't as good as you had hoped.

    I always get excited when I see the heading 'postcards' on your blog. These are just terrific. Must say I love the one where you have used the stamps, the colours and images are there to be noticed :)

    Have a lovely day

    Best Wishes Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your postcards are stunning Valerie... I love the collage and interest you create in each one...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. More fabulous postcards, all so unique, loved the last one with the stamps.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on getting out of the house for some fresh air. I drive everywhere and I really must start forcing myself to go out for a bit of exercise - the waistline is not getting any smaller! Great postcards Valerie, the bird one is just beautiful . Have a nice day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Outstanding postcards Valerie! I love the Anne Frank quote(my childhood hero), the envelope from Donna is amazing, so clever to reuse it in that way and the man looks so cool! Love them all, you are so talented! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've created some lovely compositions. Hope it gets warmer for you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this collection of cards! Hope it warms up for you soon. We are having very unseasonable weather right now--quite warm for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards! That last one is my favorite, with Umbrella Man a close second. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and quirky postcards Valerie.
    Your weather sounds similar to ours. Pleased you managed to get out for a walk despite the grey.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.