Hi everybody. I have at last managed to alter my mouse-trap for the challenge at Out of a Hat Creations. It's a very strange thing to alter, and I did not really like playing with this little murder machine. Perhaps that's what me think of Marie Antoinette... I printed off some Marie images, and then went to work. I removed the dangerous bits from the trap, cut the image to size, and glued it down. Then I painted it with clear varnish, before using a 2-component crackle varnish on it. I used the indents on the trap to elevate her head, and put the nasty metal part behind it, after winding some silver ribbon onto it. I used some turquoise roses, some of which I sprayed with silver, and a matching butterfly for decoration. To finish it I used some silver seed-beads to frame the head.
The second trap has been turned into a note pad for the kitchen. I distressed and stamped a tag, which I glued on to make the background. The tag is a bit longer than the trap, so I can use the eyelet at the top to hang it up. I embellished it with a vintage image, a TH branch-tree, painted silver, and some butterflies. The posy of the girl has been glammed up with blue beads. I cut some scrap card to size, and snapped them under the trap part, and I can remove them one at a time as I need them. Now I just need to hang a little pencil onto it
I used the rest of the Marie images glued to some biscuit box card to make the book-mark tags. The images have all been distressed to within an inch of their lives, using my crackle varnish again. Now they look almost old enough to hang in the Louvre.
I am also linking to the 'Alter it' Challenge at the Stamp Man Challenge Blog
That was all for today. Thanks for visiting, take care, and have a great weekend.