Tuesday 28 August 2012

Happy Mail and Tag Tuesday

I am happy to say I won the July Postcard Prize over at *Darcy's Postcard Challenge* for my card of Jason and Shannon in Kaiserswerth, and yesterday morning, my prize arrived, and in addition, this beautiful, hand painted card from Darcy. It cheered me up no end when I held this bright and cheerful bunny in my hands.  Thanks a lot Darcy, it will be treasured.


And that was not everything. In the afternoon I got a mail from Gecko Galz, to say that my dear friend Diane had ordered some wonderful sheets of images for me, with 2 sheets each of steampunk, Autumn,  Monet and card-toppers - wow! What a wealth of images all at once, and a wonderful surprise, thanks again Diane.

At Tag Tuesday this week the theme is 'Funfair'. I have once again made a dimensional tag. I found  a nice image on 'Free vintage Digital Stamps', which I printed out 3x. I fussy cut two of the images, leaving a strip of paper on the side to take the adhesive, and put them together to form a merry-go round. I coloured the sky with blue before cutting it out. I mounted it onto an empty ribbon spool, and covered the white plastic rim with green flocking powder for grass. From the third image, I cut out 2 of the individual images, and decoupaged them, to give it more depth. Then I just added the streamers. It will be given to a friend together with a book about the circus,




It was, as always, fun to make; I will go to almost any lengths to make a mess and avoid H*******K!
Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!


25 comments:

  1. Hi Val, good morning. Another wonderful creation from you, and a great rabbit from your friend! Have a lovely day, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win and the beautiful card from Darcy. I can see how it would cheer you up, its so sweet.

    Your merry-go-round is so much fun... I love the streamers.

    Hope you have a good week

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Valerie!
    What an "artful" prize to win, so cool!! :]
    Such a sweet bunny. Love all the colors & doodling this artwork has. I can see hoe this cheered you right up!

    Very clever, using one of the more challenging elements of art, form. Looks great!! You are so very creative. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win Valerie. Really love your creation which is so pretty and clever.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Valerie, we have a lovely blue sky this morning, only thing is the sun shows up the dust something awful! Congrats on your win and what a great bunny card from Darcy. Your merry-go round tag is just fab and I do love your little glass birds. Hope the sun shines for you today. Take care. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Valerie. congrats on your win - much deserved. That is a gorgeous little painting to receive in the post - should put a smile on your face for a while!
    I LOVE your merry go round tag - it's stunning. It's one of those things that you want to pick up and touch though isn't it? You'd probably have a moan if we all did though. Your lovely art work sends me off to attack some h*******k with a smile on my face - still growling though!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Valerie. Congrats on your win. Gorgeous hand painted card you have received. Love, love, love your 3D tag. Very clever. Have a wonderful day. I am trying not to think of H*******K!!!! lol!
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a well deserved win- you know how much I love your Cissie/Jason pieces!
    And the carousel- well I LOVE that too! How fabulously FUN!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous post card! Made me laugh he's so cute. Congratulations on your win. Love your tags. The 3D one is spectacular. hugs, Donna (would you believe I found this comments on MY computer this morning? As a POST? Yikes)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Val... big congrats... and how sweet is the bunny card... love the happy colors... and your funfair tag is amazing... vibrant and fun...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win, Darcy's rabbit is adorable! Your carousel is awesome! I love all the beautiful details, that must have been a lot of fussy cutting, but well worth it! Glad you liked your surprise too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sure is festive and fun! Love those streamers with the bright colors... they really set the 'fairgrounds' mood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sure is festive and fun! Love those streamers with the bright colors... they really set the 'fairgrounds' mood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Valerie - What fun to get "gifts" in the mail. Your tag is terrific - I love the colors and the dimensional aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your funfair Tag, great idea. Love the rabbit, too - great fun! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on your win and prizes and what a fun creation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Valerie
    That is a stunning creation, quite incredible.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic project it looks so tactile.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your win! This carousel is so creative! I bet the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow amazing and fun piece today Val.
    Congrats on the winnings and happy mail always arrives at the best times.
    Enjoy and thanks for sharing with all of us.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That tag is fabulous Valerie....so much detail....love it!
    Love the cute rabbit too!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tag is fabulous! Congrats on your win as well, and what a sweet card to receive, I just love the expression on its face.

    ReplyDelete
  23. amazing and so seeet of Diane to order you some digi sheets :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. congratulations on your win and loving your carousel, x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.