Sunday 23 September 2012

Walk on the Dark Side number 2

Hi you all, hope you are having a good Sunday. Yesterday I finished my second journal 'On the dark side'. This time I made it as a three ring book, so that I can add pages as necessary. I have about 30 pages in it now. It is a little larger than the first one, and the covers are thicker. I used the chipboard from the back of a water-colour pad, which I cut into 2 equal pieces, each measuring approx. 12 x 9 ". I covered it with tissue before adding various bits and pieces - string, hessian, lace, corrugated card, sequin-waste, some flowers and leaves and another head. After two coats of gesso I sprayed it dark grey, and when it was dry, polished it again with Inka gold in silver and gun-metal grey. The insides of the covers have been covered in grey paper, as the chipboard was rather paint-flecked. I added some black ribbons, fibres, charms and an old ear-ring for decoration. It was difficult to take the photos, as the sun kept disappearing behind a big, black, cloud....

The front:







The back:



I had fun making it again, and now have 2 nice journals to use in the next time.
Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for coming by!



24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Journal cover Valerie so much detail and I love the colour, have a happy Sunday

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too, I just don't know how you manage to get it all together without all the bits fallen off - great! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might love this one even more than your first. Hard to tell. The Inka Gold gives it a beautiful finish. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous textures, I like the idea of a 3 ring binder journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW was für ein Kunstwerk, sieht ganz toll aus, durch Nettys blog hab ich Deinen gefunden.
    LG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how these come together Valerie.... all the bits look so mysterious covered with the ink.

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that lace! Wow, I love your treatment of all of it.
    No photo of your glittery slippers!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you did this Valerie!!.. I'm not familiar with Inka Gold, so I'll have to look that up; but this is so inspiring, and I'm POSITIVE I can come up with some odds and ends to compile/collage together, in hopes of making something half as beautiful as yours came out!.. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful first weekend of Autumn! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. These covers are so gorgeous - they may be "on the dark side" but not scary at all. I love Inka Gold - I will have to try it over fabric pieces - I love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These covers are extremely amazing! I keep looking and looking, so much interest and texture! Love how you combined all the different elements. Big wow!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous piece! I love all the textures and pieces of everything you put in here. I agree it is something that you have to keep studying to see all the wonderful additions. That skeletal hand is one of my favorites too! Great job, so fun to have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is wonderful Valerie! I love the eclectic mix of treasures you've used!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing piece of Art work. Lots of wonderful texture..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you feel me reaching through the screen to try to touch it??? It's totally gobsmackingly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fantastic book, love everything about it! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning, so many gorgeous details and textures to look at, LOVE it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow the back of a pad has never looked so good Valerie, its fabulous. I also see I missed your fab Halloween Shadow Box, this is going to look fab on your wall. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is very touchy feel or it would be if i was closer . What an amazing piece of art you don't even need to put anything inside its sensational !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing--I especially like the boney hand!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, looks so touchable, love the details. yesterdays Shadow Box is fantastic as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful texture work you did!! Thanks for sharing!Hello from Normandie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.