Thursday 20 September 2012

It's the light side today....

Hi you all, hope you are all well, fit and  being creative. I didn't get too much finished yesterday, although I started several projects. I was given a set of shelves and a little chest of drawers by a neighbour, who doesn't need them any more, and they have helped to get some order in my creative chaos. First I had to clean the furniture, then make room for it, and then put all the things into it. I craft in my kitchen, so there is usually no space for anything else. But now I have managed to put all the crafty things down one side, leaving one side as a 'normal' kitchen. Even my table is visible just now, oh wonder!

I have altered another of my biscuit boxes as a little present for a friend, and it is really a contrast programme to yesterday. My friend has a kitchen in white and blue, so this was made to match it. I am hoping very much that these fancy biscuit boxes will be back for Xmas, as I now don't have any more to alter! Anyway, I gave it two coats of white before adding the flowers, which are water decals. I gave it two coats of clear varnish to protect it. I didn't even give it a crackle glaze, as I know that the recipient will like it better without! Tastes are different.... I will fill it with some nice biscuits before I hand it over!





I will be back tomorrow with the latest news from Cissie, Jason & Co. Have a good day, take care, and thanks for dropping in!

26 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I can see why you want to make more. It will look beautiful in a blue and white kitchen. Can't wait to catch up with Cissie and Co tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Valerie, this will make a lovely gift. Enjoy your neat and tidy workspace, mine is starting to get messy already! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a contrast to yesterday - but a very pretty piece, and good that you make things to please the recipient! Have a lovely day, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful piece of altering Valerie and it looks like you get much nicer boxes over there as my saves are just Foxes biscuit tins (about as fancy as we get!)
    Have a good day yourself.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely box - love the blue and white. I wouldn't know where to obtain water decals here (US) although I know what you mean. Nice to have order (even for a moment) in your crafty kitchen. Have fun today. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Valerie and what a lovely gift for your friend.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Valerie and what a lovely gift for your friend.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Valerie! Your friend will be so happy to receive it. The blue decal looks gorgeous! So glad you have some new space to tuck things away in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the altered biscuit box Valerie... the blue and white is so fresh and pretty... what a gorgeous gift...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely as usual and what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so pretty and fresh... and will be even nicer filled with biscuits :)

    Your friend is going to love it I'm sure.

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your trays are making lovely gifts Valerie. I've enjoyed seeing the different ways you've revamped them. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, what a contrast to yesterday and what a thoughtful lady you are:0) Your friend and the recipient of this super box is very lucky, :0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  14. these boxes make the neatest storage trays, I think! Great you got your kitchen organized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really are a busy bee, and I love the little tray you have made! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pattern reminds me of some I have seen on fine china! Very pretty! Looking forward to tomorrow's post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Val you accomplish so much in a day. Your area of the kitchen sounds like mine. We never eat on the dining room table only when guests come.....you get the idea.
    Love this biscuit box. I have seen those exact shapes over here in the dollar stores. The water decal reminds me of that blue and white china. Wonderful piece for your friend. Thanks for dropping by.
    Take care, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your 'light' side. This will be a fantastic gift.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so pretty my crafty friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Valerie. Ooooo! I love this one as well. Blue and white is one of my favouites. Will look out for these boxes at Christmas. Such a great find tfs. Have a wonderful day.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful & exciting... beautiful indeed! :]
    Is in so much fun, altering projects?
    Enjoy, my friend.
    Take care ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Valerie! I love the blue and white together.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgepous makeover Valerie the white and blue are such a gorgeous combination. Hope your tidy space ;asts longer than mine did !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgepous makeover Valerie the white and blue are such a gorgeous combination. Hope your tidy space ;asts longer than mine did !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgepous makeover Valerie the white and blue are such a gorgeous combination. Hope your tidy space ;asts longer than mine did !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.