Tuesday 18 September 2012

Tag Tuesday - Owls

Good morning you all! This time I double checked to make sure I had the right theme for my tag! I love owls, and often hear one here during the evening,  but have never seen it.

The first tag has been made using one of my pizza-box craft tags. I used the stamp pad to stamp the colours - forest moss, wild honey and rusty hinge -directly onto the tag, and distressed the squares with perfect pearls in green, gold and bronze. I used the die-cut waste to sponge the first tree onto the tag, and then embossed the tree - cut from a scrap of 7 gypsies paper - using a Tsukineko  Glue Pad and clear EP.

The owl is a rub on, and I just added some leaves, a pumpkin and a hedgehog. And can you see who's hiding behind the leaves?


This tag had been made using a part of a card that was sent to me, as I liked the night sky so much. The moon has been punched from Miri card, and the 'hills' have been made from torn card with inked edges.
The owl has been stamped, and the feathers coloured with perfect pearls and prismalo pencils.


I added some berries, leaves and toadstools, and hope that a mouse soon comes along for the owl's supper!


Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for coming by!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Val, or should it be hooooo today? Lovely owl tags, both are very pretty! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous autumnal tags. Love the spooky tree and branch. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh they are both gorgeous Valerie... love the embossed tree....

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tags and I LOVE these! Fabulous 3D! Love what you did to your blog Valerie! Sooo vibrant!

    Wishes
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I do love your tags! These are exquisite. Also adore owls. What kind of owls live in your area? How lovely that one of them whooooooots to you. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tags, love those tiny mushrooms and the little hedgehog.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hoot! The tag is awesome, love the owl, hedgehog and witch, and that tree is spectacular! The card looks lovely with the owl in the tree branch and the little toadstools!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful tags full of inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Valerie - You are such a wonderful assemblage (is that a word?) artist. To take that flat piece of pizza box and turn it into a gorgeous 3D piece of art - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful, just love owls, and you have really done them justice here! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dimension and details in these!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tags- I love all the detail you always manage to include in these mini works of art- so GORGEOUS!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! I love the 3d effect you are using on your tags!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are smashing tags valerie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Valerie, hope all is good for you. My goodness, you never cease to amaze me. I love what you do with your cards. Would I be so lucky to have your talent. Just wonderful.Thanks for the showing of the process. It's a learning experience for me and I appreciate it. Have a great rest of the week. See you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my...
    What wonderfully, fun tags, Valerie! :]
    These are very creative, love it ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the hedgehog !!! He is so cute and the way the tree is over the edge is just super , fantastic tags Valerie so much fun.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the hedgehog !!! He is so cute and the way the tree is over the edge is just super , fantastic tags Valerie so much fun.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.