Monday 7 November 2011

Colour mixed with black and white

Hi everybody, hope you have all had a good weekend. was at my friend's for 2 days, and we spent our time playing cards, eating and drinking coffee.....So, when I got home today I was really keen on getting going with paint and paper again! I made some more pages in my journal. I painted the background with gesso, to see if the colour doesn't sap through so much this time, and then slapped on some blue, white, yellow and ochre, using a wide brush and a plastic spatula. As usual, I had squeezed too much paint out, so I also painted 2 pages in my giant journal to use it all up.

When the pages were dry I did some background stamping, using random stamps that were flying about, and then I added 2 black and white pictures. The left one shows POWs from WWII, the second one three of my older siblings, taken at a wartime rally *Wings for Victory* in Trafalgar Square. I added a bit of journalling, and it was done. I rather like the mix of colours and black and white, and will be doing something similar in my big journal for tomorrow. I am linking once again to AEDM at *Creative Every Day*




Okay, that was it. I have my appt at the doc's today, so I'd better get ready for it.
Have a great day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!

25 comments:

  1. Your journal is very poignant Vallerie. Interesting and well done. Hope you have a good day. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Val, the colours are so vibrant and make a great contrast to the austere theme and pictures. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages Valerie, the B&W photos do look great against the painted background. Hope all goes well today. Take care, Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pages Valerie - the colours are wonderful. Good luck at the Doctors.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful and fun pages, Valerie. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very poignant, were these POW's held in the UK? Did you get to know them?

    Hope the doctors goes well XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours are gorgeous, Valerie! The black and white photos show very nice with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valerie :)
    love the black and white photos against colour! hope you have a great day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos look wonderful against the splashes of colour Valerie.
    Pleased you had a good weekend.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pages full of colour and so much going on...really good. I like black and white photos best of all....and, they look nice against the colourful backdrop.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all wonderful! I hope you appointment goes or went well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work as always! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valerie
    Sorry I've not been about much and missed out on seeing your art.
    The B&W is such a great idea against the vibrant, contemporary background. Very brave and you pulled it off.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smashing colourful pages. Good luck with the doctor. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the vibrant colours with the mono tone photos.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so in love with your journal pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors are striking! The black adds details without competing with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful pages, love the background colour against the black and white photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice - great use of color as a background for the black/white.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the bright and beautiful colors in these pages, they photos work perfectly too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Valerie. I really like the b/w with the color. Really works good together. Hope all is okay with you, take care and thank you Valerie for stopping by my blog. I always enjoy your very nice comments.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great page... I love the contrast of the black and white and colour... really makes it effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. More awesome pages...love the contrast of the black and white on the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colours on the background contrasting with black and white photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. more fab pages.... really you are just so creative :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.