Monday 14 November 2011

Bright and cold Tuesday

Good morning everybody, hope you are all feeling well and fit today. It's still very cold and frosty here, the fields outside are all sparkling with the frost, but the sun is shining, and it looks very pretty! I had a nice walk along the Rhine yesterday, and through our shopping street, although I didn't buy anything. But as soon as the sun goes down, the temps drop again, and it's back to deep freezing!

I spent the rest of the day sitting next to the radiator in my kitchen and playing with paper, paint, glue and pictures, as usual. The cold weather inspired me to use some serviettes left over from last winter for my journal pages. The goose was a picture out of my stash. I expect a lot of geese and turkeys in various parts of the world will not be looking forward to the holiday as much as some people are....I am linking again to AEDM at Creative every day




And I got some more tags done, more or less like those from Sunday, just different Santas each time. Out stationery shop has a lovely selection of vintage Xmas images - angels, trees, Santas etc, I think I have bought half of their stock in the past few days....I tried to vary the background colours of the tags, which doesn't show up so well as I had to photograph them using electric light, as it is getting dark very early now.






Oh dear, I wanted this to be just a short post today, but somehow they just seem to grow once I get started. Hope you all have a great day, take care, and thanks for dropping by!

24 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm the first today! Love your fun journal pages, and the Xmas tags are great! Have a nice day, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal pages and just stunning tags Valerie - wish my stationery store had things like those images.
    Cold, sunny and a bit frosty here today too but it's lovely to see the sunshine.
    You have a great day too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh penguins I adore them great journal pages which made me chuckle, fab tags again Valerie.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal pages are a hoot! Colourful and funny ... what more can we ask. Great graphics. Love your tags. The TH tree is quite a hit and looks good in all of them. Love the German scrap Santas. Very nice, Valerie. Have another day of fun in your arty kitchen. Keep warm. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee, hee, love the journal pages and fab festive tags. Wishing you a cosy crafting day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The journal page is a hoot! Adore each of your tags, you do get such depth happening. With you on the light...couldn't we have winter with a bit of light?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly are getting into the Christmas spirit with these terrific tags. Love the journal page with those funny speech bubbles XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautiful tags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work, Val. The tags are wonderful, and a bit spooky! And I had a good laugh at your journal pages! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Valerie. Sounds like it is getting really cold over there. I haven't heard the word "radiator" in quite a while. Stay warm. Love your tags, they always have such great color and fun things to look at. Nice work Valerie. I have to go now, take care and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pages with the happy penguins. Gorgeous tags, the vintage images are super.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The journal pages are wonderfully colorful and inviting. Very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Burrrrr, those journal pages make me feel good :)

    I LOVE those Xmas tags, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your Xmas tags are beautiful! And those penguins reflect the cold you're in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab pages and the geese ans turkeys are safe here, don't like the taste, lol...

    love the tags too, very festive, hope it warms up for you, take care..

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad about that Maria! I like the taste, but I do feel sorry for them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your journal pages Valerie, the goose definitely has the right idea lol. Your Christmas tags are beautiful, it's creaping up a bit too quickly for me now :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your art is a great way to keep the cold away! Your tags & journal pages are awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, Valerie! Love these tags :]
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents, always <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your posts and the longer the better ! Those journal pages are super and the goose is gorgeous. The tags are lovely great dimension and images. I know what you mean about the light it I don't take a photo in the morning then I've had it !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. The journal pages are sweet and the tags are really great... makes me think I have to get of my butt and get going on some Christmas things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Valerie. Love the journal pages. They are such fun. Fabulous tags again. They have a real vintage feel about them.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous tags Valerie! I love all your Santa cut outs, they are awesome! Love the penguins too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.