Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tuesday and the winner is....

Good morning you all! Just a quick post today, as I have a lot to do....
Had a busy day yesterday, hope I didn't get caught in another radar trap coming home from the Doc's, I think I didn't exceed the speed limit this time.

I have finished my challenge for JFF, this week we had to recycle something from a book or magazine. My piece is called *The Tombsday Book*. The witch's head has been die cut, and her skirt has been cut from the pages of a rather boring, decaying book about the economics of the 19th century, which I discovered in my book-case. I stuck the pages together at different points of the 'skirt, so they opened up nicely. I used different DI and sprays to distress the pages even more, and made a spell book out of the little left-over strips. I sandwiched the witch between 2 *tombstones*, added a hat and skull, and that was it. It was fun to make, and will be another decoration for my Halloween party.




An I made this little album at the weekend, it's a pull-out album, with plenty of space for pictures or drawings or whatever. The chipboard covers have been covered with black tissue, scrunched up a bit, and given 2 coats of mod-podge. Then I used some inka gold to brighten it up, and added some flowers and part of an old brooch, which I fixed on with silicon glue.


And now to the WINNER! The names were all put in my hat, and one was pulled out, and it is....drumroll.....






Yvonne of Meggymae








Congratulations! Yvonne will be getting 3 tags, a mini-book and some surprises all packed in a nice mail-art envelope. Please contact me with your snail-mail addy etc!

The prize will be sent off by the end of the week. I'm sorry you couldn't all win, but I will do a new draw soon, it's fun to celebrate!

Okay, time for me to get ready to go out. Have a great day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!





25 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Yvonne! Lucky Duck. Your pieces today are so inventive, Valerie. Love the 'book/dress' idea. Very effective. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Meggymae!

    Love your creepy Halloween decorations....

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this book creation is fab, thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Congratulations to Meggymae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Yvonne! :) I adore that witch you made out of recycled book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. the excitement, there was so many spelling mistakes in my last post that I had to delete it. I have come back to earth and can say a huge thankyou Valerie for drawing my name for your give away.
    I think your witch alteration is fantastic, the album is beautiful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Yvonne!!!
    More gorgeous work from you Valerie - I love the book cover and your witch is suitably spooky (I was going to say cute but that's not appropriate for Halloween is it?lol)
    Hugs xx
    p.s. fingers crossed you weren't speeding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Yvonne! Enjoy your fab goodies. Love your witchy book and album cover. Have a great day. Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love your creation for JFF would you like to link it to the challenge lol also so your album cover is wonderful love the texture with the tissue paper :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at JFF
    Von xxx
    Well done Yvonne :)have fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. so spooky! Hope you get caught up on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Yvonne- I know you'll love this wonderful prize, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Valerie. Super altered book project. What a great idea.
    Congrats to Yvonne. Enjoy your prize.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done to the winner Yvonne. I like your Halloween table decoration very argh! lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Yvonne (she is my DT sister over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!)
    Your altered book is too fabulous for words. Your home is going to look sensationally spooky on the 31st.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Halloween book, Valerie! Congrats to Yvonne from the "other" Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations yvonne very spooky makes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spooky fun going on here! I need to have one of those catch up days, also! Congratulations to Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Yvonne!!! And your spooky creation is so fun!!! What a great Halloween piece!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Yvonne, and well done to you for this fab spooky piece. Very unusual and inspiring
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome decoration! I am so excited for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats to Yvonne! That's neat how you did the skirt, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hip, hip... hooray!
    Lucky winner :]
    Enjoy Yvonne... the prize looks fantastic!
    Wonderful art piece, Valerie <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats Yvonne-you lucky gal!!
    Val, That little book person is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea to use the book for the skirt of your creation. Love the book cover - wow, my kind of thing. Thanks for joining us at JFF - Neet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.