Thursday 20 October 2011

Alas, poor Yorick!

Well, I am pleased to say that I managed to get through last night without any calamities, like bumping into the bathroom door-frame in the middle of the night. I still have some bumps and bruises, and rather resemble a cross between a panda and a unicorn, but it will pass. And I sincerely hope that my little series of calamities is slowly passing.... Enough is enough!

I had a nice, lazy day yesterday. Apart from a little bit of crafting, I watched the crows and ravens gathering in the tree in the back garden, first there was just one, then more and more came, and it looked for all the world as though they were holding a Hitchcock Memorial Service there. I think they were waiting for me to go away from the window so that they could empty the bird feeder.... But it was fun watching them.

But I did manage to make a tag and a mail-art envelope. I forgot to take a picture of the envelope before it had been filled, so the photo is not very good.


The tag is for the GC 123 Challenge over at Gingersnaps, and the theme is *Ravens*. The tag has been sprayed with distress inks in wild honey, spiced marmalade and forest green. I stamped leaves using Lavinia stamps in barn door and black, and then added some fabric leaves to give depth. The large raven has been stamped using a LaBlanche stamp, and then I added the pumpkin and small leaves at *ground level*. The smaller raven has been printed onto acetate and placed up in the leaves. I used ribbons in orange and green, and a skull as a charm. I think this tag will be called *Alas, poor Yorick!* in memory of Hamlet in the graveyard. The lovely earrings next to the tag are the *Dia de los muertos* ones that Donna made for me some time back; they accompany me a lot!


Then I spent the rest of the day sorting out papers and letters ready to file them away, but didn't get very far with them, the piles seemes to ge growing and not decreasing!

Hope you all have a nice day today, take care, stay creative, and thanks for visiting!

22 comments:

  1. Loving the tag is so atmospheric and sorry to hear your a bit battered I hope your feeling better very soon miss Unicorn/panda ;0)

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your bumps and bruises go away quickly. :)Fabulous tag again! Love the skull earrings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The envelope is so cool, Valerie. You have some wonderful stamps to compliment the season! Tag is quite spectacular, colours so vibrant, content and structure so interesting! Happy to hear you are not adding to your injuries. :o) hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, love the autumn tag again, wonderful colours! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owwwwww that tag is yummy :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag. The leaves work really well with it giving great depth and dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at gingers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant tag and envelope - great colours and v-v-very s-s-spooky!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab mail art and tag - love those earrings too. :)
    Pleased you've had no more bumps and bruises.
    Take care.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful collection of mail art- I got mine yesterday and I can't stop looking at it, it's just gorgeous!
    You'll be getting a little something from me as well, so be on the lookout ;)
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. More dark art. Your mail art has to be the best there is being created.
    Fab tag.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful raven artwork - both the tag and the envelope are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us all once again at Gingersnap Creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful artwork. The background on that tag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun mail art and love the tag too...love the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the skull earrings and your tags are delightful!! Very nice Valerie. Have a wonderful day and I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag Valerie! Stunning colours and I LOVE the leaves! Beautiful earrings too! I love your mail art. Something to try, perhaps!
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor you! You have been in the wars lately.

    Your envelope is fun.... hope they are not too scared to open it!

    Great tag too....

    Loving your creepy skull and crossbones on your blog background!!! You REALLY do LOVE halloween don't you :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice tag and love your earrings too! I like lazy days, they are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific tag and envelope and those wonderful ear-rings, x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great envelope and Tag. Love your new look spooky blog. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those darn door frames! Well the envelope is just amazing and the Raven tag is equally awesome! Love the background and those big black birds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your tag...beautiful, vibrant colors contrasted with the dark ravens. Wonderful. Love the skull...and the earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such wonderful "HALLOWEEN SPIRIT" here on your site!! :]
    Love all your creations... you are so creative, Valerie!
    Feel better *gentle hugs* & maybe an epson salt bath might help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.