Tuesday 18 October 2011

My Home is my Castle and a Lurid Scene....

Hi everybody. Another day has dawned, cold, wet and windy, I think I will be stopping home again today! Yesterday I finished 2 challenges, so have at least caught up a little bit. The first one is a Chipboard Album, which I have turned into my *home, sweet home* for the challenge over at *The Three Muses*. I got these albums ready cut some time back for very little money; an online shop was selling off all the chipboard albums, so I bought a large supply. The chipboard has been covered with small scraps of paper, splodged with remnants of paint, and then painted over with sparkly mod-podge to make it all more durable. I have used loads of other 'flying bits and bobs' to decorate it, including some old costume jewelry. The doggy with the bag on the front page belonged to me as a little girl, and the hat & watering-can brooch belonged to my mum. The 2 little Black Forest dolls were a present I got many, many years back. I like using old things in this way, it gives them a new lease of life. I have put a quote about home on each page. The bell in the tower used to be on a Xmas ornament. It was fun making it!









The second challenge is for Haunted House Design, who want to see a lurid or looming landscape. I did a spread in my journal, showing a haunted house, a bloody sky, and a graveyard. This was great fun to make; as you know, I love Halloween!






So, before I stop, I've got a good tip for you. If you want to heat up your soup, it works more quickly if the hot-plate is switched on. And a second tip while we're at it. Flat plates are not really good for soup. That's why people invented SOUP PLATES! Anyway, the cupboard door and floor have now been cleaned, and I enjoyed the fried noodles I made instead. Have a good day you all, take care (Believe me, I am the right one to tell you that!) and thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

  1. ha ha, Valerie .. you do make me smile! ADORE your little books .. must have had a ball making them. Absolutely beautiful. your journal is fun as well ... take care today. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious Valerie and I'm so glad you're feeling better, gorgeous little book, how special it is with your childhood toy! And I love your Hallow'een pages, the sky is amazing. Have a wonderful crafty day today, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on all. I absolutely love that bloodstained sky, very creepy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your castle and spooky scene. R. has been pointing at the castle and saying *want it* again, G is delightedly screaming *Blood* while looking at the other one! Hope you are feeling better! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous castle! So much to see! Love all the details and is such a beautiful keepsake. Great spooky journal pages! Wishes!
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous album ! so pleased to hear your feeling better and more great pages for your journal :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG your house album is gorgeous, Valerie! Your journal pages are awesome too. I love your "eye" moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous castle and journal pages. Glad you're feeling better.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Valerie you have been busy. They are all fabulously creative. Love those little dolls. Thanks for the tip on the soup! lol!
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL, yes, I've tried to boil water over a cold stove myself - takes ages!!! Wonderful albums - so full of creativity and fun, and wonderful home quotes in the top one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Valerie, first time here and boy am I glad i came across you site. These are ggggreat!! I especially love the journal page and the way you reuse little pieces of ephemara from your life, It's brill! We are going to our first haloween party this year - it's a haunted trail, so your journal page has really set me in the mood!! happy halloween crafting xxKate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Valerie, this are just so adorable. I love them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valerie! love your castle!! wow! so much detail. and your journal pages just awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow! This is so fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! You have been keeping crafty busy! Both are fantastic projects and very detailed! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your castle book is AMAZING- I love all the details and personal touches you used- just wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a very productive crafty day yesterday, love both projects, the castle has so much detail in and a great keepsake with all your memories, the halloween pages look fab and spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Valerie, you have been really busy, i love your castles, so unusual and so fun. loving the journalling and the fab halloween stuff too
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice use of interesting materials!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful projects. I love the journaling pages!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your house book , great details and embellishments, oh and super pages as well. You are not alone with hot plate problems , mines gas and often forgets to turn itself off. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well you've certainly been busy Valerie, love the castle and the book x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh you have been busy!!!

    I was guessing you were a fan of Halloween :)

    I love your house book .... I have to agree with Jane Austen "There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort"

    Somehow I managed to spill chicken soup all over the stove and floor yesterday and yes I had JUST cleaned it. Typical. Your fried noodles sound good!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so pleased that I am not the only one who makes instant mess with every movement!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both houses are amazing. Love the first one with the bell tower! You always come up with the most exciting things! take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my word Val, your books are amazing! You Love Halloween ! I never would have guessed! LOL
    Fabulous creations my dear and I'll take your advice about the soup. LOL
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was in love with your use of bits and bobs on your first book ..what a fun project but then I am CRAZY for Halloween and head over heels for your Halloween book...

    If I lift a couple of ideas from you are you flattered or mad? Of course I would give credit... Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.