Wednesday 12 October 2011

ATCs and mail-art sent

Hi you all! Once again the week is racing by, there is never enough time to do everything I want to, and I wonder how I ever managed when I had to work and look after my family etc. Perhaps I used to be quicker....
I spent a nice day yesterday with my friend Inge; as usual, we talked non-stop, played cards, drank a lot of coffee, and still found time for breakfast, lunch and some sweet treats in the afternoon. The day flew by, and before I knew it, it was time to go home again. I need to drive home while it is still light, as I can't see well in the dark, and try not to drive then. Better safe than sorry.
Yesterday evening I was intending to tidy the kitchen, and then I started crafting. Once again my good intentions went speeding down the road that leads to perdition, while I made 2 ATCs and did more work a little album that I can't show yet. How 2 tiny ATCs can take up so much time, I do not know, but that's my excuse that the kitchen is still in a mess! I put another tiny book of *Spells most evil* on the yellowy one, and the moon has been cut from a piece of matte, silver metal which was the seal on a coffee tin.





I posted off some mail art envelopes yesterday, and nearly forget to take a picture of one of them. It was already *stuffed* by the time I realised, so the photo looks rather lumpy, sorry!



Well, I'm afraid that's all for today. I hope to have a little more to share with you tomorrow, if it's only the photos of a tidy kitchen instead one that looks as though it has been ransacked and vandalised....Have a good day, take care and thanks for dropping in again!

19 comments:

  1. I agree ... ATC's are time consuming! I haven't done that many either. Good job on the ones you did, and the mail art is stellar! Love it. Don't tidy too much, you won't be able to find anything. :o) hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, love your ATCs and the envelope, too. Is your weather as bad as ours? Hope not! Have a good day, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ATCs, Valerie! Your stuffed envelope looks wonderful, I'm trying to visualize what the stuff inside looks like :) Some lucky person will get this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the atc's. For me they are little works of art so they sure do take time to be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE mail art and think it should be compulsary!!!! Your piece looks brilliant.

    Love your scary art.... especially the sweet skeleton!

    Your day with your friend sounds lots of fun.... no friends for me today.... preparing to decorate :)

    Thanks for visiting and entering my giveaway btw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ATC's are great!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so LOVING this series you're doing with all those elements of Poe, very inspiring! In fact I think you've broken my mental block on this week's challenge at IA- the theme is "Fear" and I can see combining birds with Poe with scary things birds can do.......
    Thanks as always for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val, lovely work again! Sorry, haven't been around much, been rather poorly for some days! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deine ATCs sind großartig, Valerie...
    genau wie dein Mail-Art Umschlag!

    Ich wünsche dir eine kreative Woche!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ATCs! You know that I sometimes think that when the kids were small and I was working at our kitchen table I have done more than now when I have a studio of my own. Maybe I had more energy then than I have now...
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will you come tidy my art space once you've tidied your kitchen?!!
    Brilliant mail art and the ATCs are so you after you telling us you like the ghoulish side of Hallowe'en.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely atc, if I remember right you love doing Halloween things don't you val?

    they are both brill, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Halloween atc's. Glad you had fun with your friend. It's good to get away. I don't drive in the dark either. In fact I'm never out after dark unless my husband and I are together. Valerie, sugared or candied skulls are just that. A skull made out of candy. They sell fast. Take care and thx for sharing your good stuff. I'm not even prepped for PPF, I don't have anything. I'll have to see what I have but you are right, the days go by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Halloween ATCs! And yay, I'm glad you appreciated my decaying leaf - I thought it was creepy cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your mail art and your halloween atcs fabulous work my friend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice work on the seasonal ATC's, good luck on the kitchen, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Valerie I Love Lumpy Mail Art!! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the lumpy envelope, super ATC's as well yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your ATC's look amazing, nice work!
    There is a little work involved, but they are fun :] You can get hooked... trust me <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.