Monday 13 June 2011

Good morning you all. The weekend has come and gone, but we have one day extra here, as it is Whit Monday, so schools and shops are closed, and no rush today. I am going to visit a friend later on, I hope I find my car. I remember parking it somewhere when I came back from shopping on Thursday, but where? We shall see when I go out.
Today is the beginning of a new challenge. *Things with Wings* over at the *Cheerful Stamp Pad* I am acting as visiting artist for 2 weeks, so please go on over and have a look and join in the challenge, and look what lovely things the design team had made.
This is my piece;

First I cut the tags out of cardboard, which was partly peeled and gessoed, and then I added a drizzle of metallic paint to give it more texture, before heat drying and letting it boil and bubble.


Then I distressed using TH inks in Forest Moss, wild honey, faded jeans and Victorian velvet,


Then the tags were decorated with different elements to give a fairy tale scene - Hänsel and Gretel, little Red Riding Hood, and owls, birds and butterflies, and the good fairy watching ove it all, The trees, made with the TH die cut have been embossed with metallic EPs, and cut apart, so that they appear on all three trees, and the *Wicked wolf* is also crossing over two of the tags, to make the tryptich *fit together*. I have added wings to the tryptich too, as this is about fairy tale magic! Here are some close ups of the three parts.






















I must say I enjoy making things like this more than cards....but I have still made 3 cards for Less is More, which is hoping for a CAS one layer tag with few embellishments, and the motive has to be in a frame. So I dug out some little stamps with frames, The flowers have the frame around them already, as does the sweet litttle kitty getting up to mischief. Both stamps are from LaBlanche.
On the second card I have STITCHED the frame, wow what a job, as I can't see to thread the needle!

So, I think that was enough for today. Hope you all have a good day and take care, and thanks for visiting.

30 comments:

  1. Wow! This is magnificent. Love that you showed the process of the making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of projects from you, your tags are immensely creative and your LIM just super

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of work you put into your projects! These are all fab. Love your LIM cards especially the last one with the little kitten. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie, your tryptich is absolutely stunning. Just love all the texture and detail on there. Many congratulations on your visiting artist spot too.
    Your less is more cards are fabulous too and the stitching a great frame.
    Hope you enjoy the holiday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of work you put into your projects! These are all fab. Love your LIM cards especially the last one with the little kitten. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valerie, your tryptich is beautiful and thanks for the wee tutorial. LIM cards are super, think the first one is my fave but I love the colours of the second. Hope you don't spend too long searching for the car. Enjoy your day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the use of corrugated cardboard in your art, it has the most amazing texture.
    The Less is More cards - simply elegant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely projects, I think my favourite is the LIM card with the flowers!
    Thanks so much for joining us again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous triptych and I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Val, the tryptich is abs. fantastic, love it! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. dearest valerie,
    You are a creative wonder! Love your boil and bubble technique. Just love the first project with its wonderful technique, colors and images. Magnificent. take care dearie, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love your triptych, gorgeous detail. colour and texture. Loved your other oieces as well. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valerie, your tags are so creative...bright and fun! What will you use them on? I love your LIM cards...and I think the first is my favorite! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work again. am loving your tryptich, so much to see! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tryptich Valerie. All the LIM cards are smashing, particularly love the flower stamped one. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Valerie, I couldn't image your tags to be anything but stunning and then you add another technique. BRAVO! Love the metallic paint technique.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your tryptich, and also the little cat trying to climb up, so sweet. Can't sign in again today! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely adore that little kitten, gorgeous CAS card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in awe of your triptych - can't quit oooooogling it! May be the next screen saver on my computer. Pretty awesome, Valerie! take care ... sending hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. The LIM card is stunning, beautiful colours and flowers
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love what you are doing with cardboard! :]
    Also, think your cards are great, you are very inspiring.
    Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. what can I say but WOW just love what you do with the corrigated card making it so bright and cheerful, in complete contrast to you LIM cards which are delightful :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  23. First chance I've had to drop by all day and not a jot of crafting done!

    Your LIM cat climbing paper has been calling to me all day just adorable. Then getting here more wonders to delight the eye. You are an inspiration. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Valerie, I love the look of these. The colours are so vibrant.
    Thanks for showing us the process. I like when the paint bubbles and boils, makes me feel like a mad artitst. Wahahaaaa
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations -- visiting artist--and this truly is a work of art. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Your triptych really blew me away! Totally gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always Valerie your work is wonderful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  28. great post and great work...love that last stamp - the cat is just so sweet - love him!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  29. The kitten is my favorite one... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous triptych and I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.