Friday 4 April 2014

Journal Pages, Pictures and an art project

Hi everybody!
The weekend is nearly here and I am sure some of you will be looking forward to it!

I made another mixed media journal spread using some 'paint mess' pages. I spilled a big dollop of terracotta paint, so used it to cover 2 pages, and then did a bit of brush wiping on top of that. I added the blue round the edges with oil pastels, as it looked a bit sad. I collaged lots of stuft, stamped Ryn's lovely bubbles, added fragments of text, and of course, Mr Umbrella Man had to join in again. The text is from Psalm 72:6,  *He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass; as showers that water the earth*. I don't know why, but this text was floating around in my head as I made the page. I love the Hebrew poetry of the psalms, which repeats ideas using different words instead of rhyming.

I am linking to AJJ, Happiness, as there are lots of things here make me happy - the lovely stamp from Ryn which Sandy sent me, the animals, butterflies and birds, Mr U.M., and fragments of words.
Also linking to Paint Party Friday, Simons Monday Challenge (anything goes) and Paper Saturdays.









This morning I walked along the Rhine, and round by the church and heard a duck quacking from somewhere above my head. I looked up and saw a duck sitting on the top of a high wall:



The Hedge between my fave path and the school playground:
 


And last but not least, I am joining in a pay-it-forward art project. Here are the details, and I would be happy if some of you would join in:


* Pay It Forward Art-making Project for 2014 *

I promise to make a small work of art for the first five people who comment on this post and say "YES, I want in". A 'like' alone is not enough of a commitment, nor is a comment about thinking Pay It Forward is a great idea.

You must in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first five who comment on your status.

The rules are simple:
– It has to be your work, made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends.
– It can be anything art-based: a drawing/illustration or a conceptual work of art, a photograph, a knitted item, cross-stitch, paper maché – or anything in between.

I'm paying this forward thanks to Marji  Yes, you can be on each other's pay it forward lists.

First five, GO!

 
Step 1Copy&Paste this (see below) as your latest entry on your favourite social website (in my case, its this blog) 

 
Step 2For the first five people who comment on your blog entry saying they want to participate, you will do an art trade with them that must be completed by December 31st 2014. I would count as the first person so technically you only need another four. If you find your friends are keen you can do as many as you want.



Step 3All forms of art count including creative writing , photography, digital anything goes!

 

If you have any more qustions, just email me and let me know

I hope you have all stayed awake through this long post!
Have a great day, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by! 

37 comments:

  1. Love what you have made today, and the colours. Nice photos, too! Hugs, Sarah
    Sorry I can't join in your project, no blog and too many children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful pages Valerie and lovely pics especially the intrepid duck.
    Good luck with your art pay it forward, I can't join in either due to lack of time.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, your pages are both pretty darn awesome! I love them both! You will have to take a photo of the flowers in bloom! How gorgeous a walk! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your collages very much and am full of admiration at how you combine all the different images to make a finished harmonious art piece. I like the browns and blues and the psalm quote.
    Love the duck on the wall.
    Have a great weekend, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning pages and beautiful quote Valerie!. That duck looked so odd sitting up on the wall, glad you enjoyed the walk. Big hugs, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would so love to say yes but I am behind with commitments
    The earthiness of your pages are wonderful and I love the stamped bubbles.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous journal spread, the colors, the whole piece all coming together so beautifully, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal pages, love how you have incorporated the umbrella man and all your layers added to your design. Love the bubbles too. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous pages Valerie. I really must make a start on mine. Have a great weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pages Valerie, love to see the spring flowers coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your great pages Valerie and thank you for sharing the photos. Happy PPF again, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous pages, Valerie! They are full of fantastic elements witch match so well together. I love the beautiful anaimls especially. Coloures are lovely, too.
    Wish you a lovely spring weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful collage elements on these pages. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving your pages my friend! And it looks like you had a fun walk! Great photos!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diese Collage Komposition macht MICH AUCH GLÜCKLICH Valerie..nicht nur Dich!
    superschön!
    Auch die Fotos sind wieder richtig toll.. ein fabelhaftes Gewächs
    ist das!

    Sei lieb gegrüßt und hab einen wunderschönen Samstag !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Die Seite ist richtig schön geworden,eine echte valerie komposition,sie macht auch mich glücklich,ich liebe afrikanische tiere und die farben sind so Superschön.
    deine Bilder sind toll,das Gewächs sieht ja genial aus.
    habe mir gestern erst mal ein paar schöne Frühlingstöpfe mit schönen Blumen gekauft,ich brauche immer blumen um mich herum,das streichelt meine seele und macht mich total Glücklich.
    Hab ein schönen Tag :-)

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the colours in your collages.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful spread! Love how you blended the collage with the painting so seamlessly ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pages, you should rename Mr Umbrella Man to Dr Doolittle, he seems to be at home amongst the exotic animals. Beautiful photos again, we have rain again.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Valerie, you create the most fantastic journal pages. I love the bright animals and bird you added. They brighten up the spread and certainly add life to the pages.

    Enjoy your weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your new creation Valerie, It is amazing what can come from a little spill. Love your walking pics and the duck is beautiful atop the wall.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geniale Komposition Valerie, und die Farben passen einmalig gut zusammen! Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful art pages. I love your illustration of the quote. How fun to spot that duck and the blooming trees. So much is blooming where I am too. Lots of fun to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant pages, full of wonder. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow..so very beautiful..your art is both dreamlike and bewildering to me..magical and intriguing!! Lovely pictures..so wonderful!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  26. These pages are amazing. The rain drops, tigers and giraffe. Wonderful!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eine wunderschöne Kollage! Mir gefallen die liebevollen Details! Sehr harmonische Komposition!
    Das Foto mit der Ente auf der Mauer gefällt mir auch sehr! Schon ungewöhnlich, eine Ente in solcher höhe anzutreffen!
    Einen schönen Sonntag für dich!
    GLG, LonettA

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love seeing your journal pages and photos along the Rhine. Have a lovely week.
    ~~irene #57

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice finish! I absolutely adore those bubbles - the color combinations are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great collaged pages and fabulous design xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your pages turned out beautifully...the colorful animals really pop against your special background!
    Lovely clematis vine in the children's play area...our cherry blossoms have just now popped open...let the parade of flowers begin ♥
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am sorry I am a bit late for Paper Saturdays again. I have been preoccupied with my home life over the last two weeks, things should be back to normal now most of the family has left for their own places again. Happy Paper Saturdays to you! The journal spread is lovely that colour I used to have all over my walls :)
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful spread in your journal! Umbrella Man looks so calm despite all the interesting friends he's meeting. Love the bubbles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely composition and colours on your journal pages. Have a fantastic and creative week, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous pages it made me smile. the pics are lovely. Becky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.