Friday 14 June 2013

Paper Saturdays and challenges

Hi you all! Another week has flown by, and it's time for Manon's Paper Saturdays again.
I have made a card, which I have decorated with some quilled flowers.  Quilling is really easy to do, and makes pretty, dimensional decorations which you can always make in the colour you need. This is something I often do when I am watching TV, so I have a supply when I need it.  You don't need special supplies, I cut left over paper into thin strips to use it. The card is a joy-fold card, and you can find instructions here if you are interested.


At FSC the ladies want to see tags this time. I have made a rather grungy recycling tag. The front tag has been made from craft paper from a cereal carton, and the corrugated card back is from a box, cut to size, partly peeled, and painted with white gesso. I put Utee gold on the right side and melted it, stamping into it with a paisley stamp (maker unknown). The background of the top tag has been distressed using a stencil ans ancient linen and vintage photo DIs. I stamped the chair, birds and nest (stamps from Catherine Moore character constructions) with black archival and clear embossed them. The quote along the edge reads ' The spider, a web - the bird, a nest - man, friendship' and I have forgotten who wrote it, sorry. I found the little feather on my balcony this week. I put an eyelet through both layers after adding some paper and textile strips as matting, and 'sealed' the edges on the left with more Utee to fuse them together. The metal embellishment and chain are from my stash. I am also linking to the recipe challenge at Our Creative Corner, and have chosen fabric, ribbon, metal and inks.







And last but not least, the wonderful sky from yesterday evening. It poured all day, but the sun showed itself sometime after 9 pm,  and gave me this wonderful view.



Have a great day you all, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!



28 comments:

  1. Just had my usual weekly catch up Val reading all your lovely and inspirational posts. Love your journalling work and all your cards and tags. I'm off to have a look see at your link for the card in todays post. Have a great weekend. x I'm sitting with my hottie as my heating is still not working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous sunset!! Lovely card! The tag is out of this world! Love the gold embossing covering the corrugated cardboard and tag! Beautiful! Thank you for joining in at FSC! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work again - a gorgeous card, a fantastic tag and wonderful photos! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning things to see in this post. Loved the card, the Tag is amazing, great textures and the gold looks fantastic. The photos are beautiful as well.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne x
    p.s. forgot to say thank you for joining us at FSC this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your paper Saturdays. Beautiful tags, and what a night sky! I love spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag. So much stuff and so many layers and it's just so sumptuous! Card is gorgeous as well - the greeting is super - is that a stamp or a stick on? Love it. What a beautiful sun set - food for the soul. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'Thanks' is a Sizzix diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen any quilling for ages and it does look terrific on your unsuaul card.

    Fabulous tag and no wonder it is fab you have put so much work into it.

    Great sky pictures-they would make terrific background.

    Have a great weekend Valerie

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilling is good to keep me busy when watching TV!

      Delete
  9. ooohh,was für tolle sommerliche karten,gefallen mir seeehr gut,und das tag ist auch große klasse,und tolle photos,ich liebe den blauen himmel.
    auch deine afrika beiträge sind richtig klasse und gefallen mir besonders gut.

    glg jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tolle neue Werke und traumhaft schöne Fotos, liebe Valerie!

    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes WE.
    LG MARTINA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful detail and gorgeous sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, and the card is really lovely, too. Great photos, I love watching the skies too! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been here by your link on paper saterday. Love the colourful card you made and the tag is pretty to.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a yummy tag - love all that gorgeous texture and colour..thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your project look fabulous my friend. And what a gorgeous sky. At least the sun decided to pop out for a bit..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was the same again today, the sun came out to play this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dein Tag sieht total klasse aus. Herrlich Texturen und Details. Danke auf fürs Zeigen deiner wunderschönen Fotos.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei FSC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your pretty card, what an interesting technique, and in contrast your tags and how you made them are fascinating too. Thanks for showing us your glorious sky, we have had some wonderful sunsets here too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow I would love to have a go at that one do day. It is on my todo list! I would love to have the template for that gorgeous bag from last week too. I am sorry I have not replied earlier but life got rather busy this week. Happy Paper Saturdays Manonxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Valerie, Love all the textures on the tag and great images.
    Thanks for sharing the photos - I love sun sets.
    Thanks for joining our Tag Challenge at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous sunset! Almost makes the rainy day worthwhile! I've enjoyed quilling from time to time also--they did make great embellishments! The tag is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I love this card with your quilling. I bought all the tackle years ago but didn't make a single thing lol. Your tag is beautiful, I love that golden embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, love that paper and the quilling too! Awesome tag, I just love what you do with that Utee powder, totally stunning! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this tag with all the beautiful layers and the addition of the found feather is genius! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am catching up with comments Valerie (as usual!). All your pieces are gorgeous but I especially like the beautiful tag. So many wonderful elements and the feathers are such a creative touch. I will be back soon.
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for this challenge. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  26. So much clever content in that tag Valerie. Love the way the stamped embossing powder leaks over the tag. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.