Saturday 16 February 2013

Playing with words again and love(ly) mail

Hi you all, it's weekend, and I hope you are all finding time to relax and enjoy your weekend. Here it is almost warm today - in comparison - 6°! I went for a rather wet and misty walk, and came home  hungry for my lunch. 

The third part of Carolyn's 'Use your Words' course is 'random letter fun', and this journal spread is my take on the theme. I started by splodging painting the background with metallic blue and yellow, and then stamping into the still wet paint with script and diamond stamps (LaBlanche). I did not use any colour, so sometimes the stamp made a sort of negative print, and sometimes transferred colour to other parts, which was an effect I liked. I then blew a little perfect pearls and copper EP onto it, and heat dried to give some texture


The second layer has been made using 3 stencils from CWS and dark blue distress ink.


Then I used my stencils to draw the figures and letters with a fine black permanent marker. I coloured them all with a turquoise prismalo pencil and painted over them with a water pen. I wanted them to have some colour, but still show the background.




The pictures which I have taken at an angle show more of the texture and sheen.





I had fun making this again - I always do, it's just H*******K I don't like doing!

And on Valentine's Day I got 2 lovely cards, from Donna in Mexico - she knows I love cardboard!



And from Carolyn in the USA.



Both ladies kindly added embellies, too, and I was really happy to get post on Valentine's day!
Thanks a lot Donna and Carolyn!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, reeeeeeeeelax, have fun and thanks a lot for coming by!

20 comments:

  1. I love to see your journal pages, and this one is really gorgeous. Love the colours, too! Hugs, Sarah
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Großartige Journalseiten sind das geworden. Deine Post ist auch große Klasse, da freue ich mich mit Dir.

    Ich wünsche Dir auch ein schönes Wochenende.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects Valerie, loving your journal pages and those stencils, great earlier projects too sorry I've not been over to your blog this week.....Life gets in the way sometimes....

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work you did today and such lovely gifts! Yes, 6 degrees is balmy, we're at -5C today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful vibrant journal pages. Love the words as well.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Valerie.. diese Farben und die vielen Lagen gefallen mir ausnehmend guut!

    himmlische gespielt!

    Hab ein schönes Wochenende!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work Valerie. The colours are wonderful. Where do you find your sentiments? They're always so fAB!
    Your valentines are so lovely, how kind of your friends to think of sending them to you :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sentiment on your pages and love the dreamy look to your figures. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your journaling pages. Great mail too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aargh, Mr Blogger just crashed on me so I'm writing this quick! Love how you've built up the layers in your journal and lucky you receiving two Valentines! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. More super pages Valerie :) and what special mail :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages (I haven't watched that video yet!) and hey, you got 2 Valentines cards!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe, your valentines are gorgeous - I love the cardboard too - her colors are so pretty and your loot looks like fun.
    LOVING your pages too - so lush with a wonderful sentiment, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, your valentines are gorgeous - I love the cardboard too - her colors are so pretty and your loot looks like fun.
    LOVING your pages too - so lush with a wonderful sentiment, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific pages Valerie as always and great sentiments

    Wonderful Valentines you received as well:)

    Have a great day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. our journal pages are so interesting - love all the layers and the colours. I especially like the figure who seems to defy all gravity and lift off at will! Glad you had some fun happy mail for valentines day. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful journal pages, Val, love what you have made again! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous journal pages, I love the texture and shimmer and the sentiment so very true and a great reminder to us all. So sweet of Donna and Carolyn to send you the beautiful cards and embellies, you are so fortunate to have such sweet friends! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific journal page--I really like the quote and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful pages, and a very happy mail day indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.