Thursday 7 June 2012

Some Thursday Tags

Hi you all! We had a very wet and windy day yesterday, so I was pleased I didn't need to go anywhere. I stayed home, read, and did some crafting. I even did some H*******K - well, I switched on the dishwasher and put everything back into the cupboards again afterwards!

Here are my tags:

The first one is for the *Texture* Challenge at *Simon says stamp and show*. The tag has been made from a cardboard remnant covered with a piece of patterned paper, which I embossed with TH's clocks folder and distressed with vintage photo. The clock (LaBlanche) has been stamped onto a scrap of K&Co paper; the wings and flower have been made from cardboard using TH dies. The flower has been embossed with my *dirty-mix* EP, and tied together with some twine and glass bead. I added a TH stamped ticket, but altered the text on it, and tied on a *time* charm. The lovely glass flowers I have used on both tags were sent to me last week by Diane


The second tag I am entering into the *Frilly and Funky* Challenge, where this week the ladies want to see twine and craft paper. The background has been covered with some printed paper, which has been distressed and stamped in vintage photo and forest moss. I used TH's Sewing Room Die to cut the cardboard pieces, which I distressed using the same colours as before. I added twine to the *lady*, the button and the cotton reel. Before sticking them down I added some lace and some hessian to soften the background a bit. I used a mini-clothes-pin to add a ticket, and used some more of Diane's lovely glass flowers to give it more structure and depth.



Blogger has been playing up the past few days, putting the photos on the left of the column instead of in the middle, why I do not know....Hope you all have a good day, take care and thanks for coming by!

26 comments:

  1. Morning, morning. Valerie, Wow, these are stunning! So much detail. Love the layers. Again, have a wonderful day. I am catching up with all of your posts. Missed you this week. Take care.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, lovely tags, it amazes me that you get something completely different done each time! Hugs. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super textural (is that a real word?) tags. Have a nice day. Hugs. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know Suze, but it's a gorgeous word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Valerie, love all of the texture, and those glass flowers are perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags, I like the vintage look to them both.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these tags Valerie! There's so much to look at on each one..and great textures too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tags- I especially love the Time Flies one! I love ALL your tags but I think my favorites are the ones with the distressed cardboard!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tags Valerie! I love how you used the glass flowers (thanks for the shout out), I never would imagine to use them this way (till now lol). I love the quote on the Time flies one, how true. They are all gorgeous and as Suze said, super textural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool tags. Love all the textures. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello sweet valerie,
    you are one crafty lady - love this!
    also, good for you for doing the housework....ugg, i don't like it!
    but it does feel good when its complete!
    have a great thursday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these two are awesome. Love the details and textures.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful tags for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just look at all those yummy layers.. these look amazing..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are AMAZING!!! Gorgeous use of embellishments! Fabulous textures, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry, I was so excited about seeing these that I suggested you join us at Frilly and Funkie and then realized you did! Thank you and these are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Art Tags, Valerie. I love all the elements especially the coordinated cardboard.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute tags, fit the themes perfectly! And yes, that does count as h.......k! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Val, you know how much I adore your dimensional tags. These are dynamite! Just love them. t/c, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two wonderful tags just chocked full of texture and delightful embellishments. Really a feast for the eyes to take it all in. Love the monochromatic color palette you chose and the corrugated cardboard is always a winner in my book! So happy you joined in the fun with us this fortnight for our Kraft and Twine challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. great inspiration--hoping to get mine done today....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tags are awesome! So much gorgeous details! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.