Thursday 15 March 2012

Still More Challenges

Good morning you all! This morning as I got up, a strange red object was to be seen in the Eastern skies. If I hadn't almost forgotten what it looked like, I'd say it's the sun rising - yoohoo, looks like a sunny day!
I have combined 2 challenges here with these LOs, the Craft Room Challenge, Shabby Vintage, and the Gingersnaps Challenge GC141, Grandma's Photo Album.
I have made 2 family LOs. For the first one I used templates from TH and My Tattered angels, and spray mist in Garden fairy green and Victorian velvet. Then it was a bit too bright, so I rubbed ancient paper distress ink over it to tone it down a bit. I used various leaves, flowers, lace etc as embellishments. The photo of my Mum and my 4 brothers and sisters was taken about 1941/2.





The second one has been made using the same technique, stamping with resist ink, inking, spraying, wiping it off to leave just a touch of colour, and then putting on 2 more layers. I stuck to Victorian Velvet, Forest Moss, Ancient Paper and Garden Fairy Spray, as I want the LOs to match. I used a transparency of my Mum with me when I was about 1 year old, and decorated again with lace, sugared vellum, flowers, and leaves etc.
Both LOs have been made using LaBlanche speciality stamping paper in white.




These pictures are really out of Grandma's photo album - mine!! Slowly I am getting back into the swing of things with challenges, and hope to soon get back to my regular routine. I'll be back tomorrow with Auntie Cissie in Holland, let's see what she gets up to there!
Have a good day you all, thanks for coming by, and take care!

22 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of your family! Have a good day, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful work, Valerie. Love the resist technique you use. Very effective. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So special and precious creation.
    love the background resist stamping - and beautiful laces.

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Valerie with lovely spring colours. Enjoy the sunny day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages, family photos hold so many memories.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do see spring in your work lately...lovely yellow...and of course lovely family photos. Big family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful images and spring colours!! I love the techniques you've used, Valerie.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning LOs Valerie. I love the muted colours and the beautiful touches of lace etc.
    Great photos too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photographs and I like that you didn't create a formula style LO, this is very individual and a touch of whimsy.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pages very pretty colours and those photo's real treasure. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck

    hope you got your sunshine today XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layouts, Valerie. It is fun to see "old" photos especially when family members are included.

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work Val! Sorry I haven't been around lately, I have had a lot of probs with my back again! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious memories Val, love the way you scrapped them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous page.. I just love the bits of lace and the photo is so pretty.. Can't wait to read your story tomorrow..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout, the colours are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Love the colors and the fact that it's you and your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic! Love how you've used the vintage pictures! Thanks for playing the Granny's Photo Album Challenge at Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry after the challenge closes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful Valerie, I love the vellum overlay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning, I love how you've used the photos, and the resist looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in with our Shabby Vintage challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab photos from the family archives and both pieces are beautiful in their respective backgrounds so lovingly and craftily created.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of your LO's are gorgeous! and such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.