Tuesday 27 March 2012

More Texture

Hi everybody, hope you are all well and fit. I am sitting here watching the sun rise again; it looks different again today, as it was cold and misty in the night, and it's a great sight to see the sun rising through the mist.
Yesterday I made another trip to the thrift shop, bringing more bits and bobs. I have taken so much there already, and I am wondering why my cupboards are still so full. But at least my book shelves are looking cleaner and less chaotic.

I made the canvas on Sunday. It is 8x8 inches. Once again, I have used several layers of colour, glue and heating to create texture, and then added beads, stars and stickles to heighten the effect. It has a nice glitter and shine, too, which doesn't really show in the pictures.





I have just realised that it is Tuesday today, so will get going on my tag for Tag Tuesday later! Yesterday I was tired from clearing out, so I treated myself to an evening of *Cranford* on DVD, which is always good to watch.

Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!

26 comments:

  1. Another lovely canvas, Valerie. Love the vibrant colours! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this!The colours, texture, beads, everything, it looks amazing! I want to touch it!!
    I have just caught up with all your posts from the last week as I havn't visited anyone all week! Love your postcard challenge again, the adventures really make me laugh! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 'bubbly' textures Valerie and the beads are fab too - like little bunches of hanging grapes! Have a lovely Tuesday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous textures on the canvas its fabulous, was that Jeremy Fisher I spotted sitting in the corner?
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of bright colour and texture, you just can't go wrong with this recipe lol

    I also have Cranford & Larkrise to Candleford I love these, I call them 'Costume soaps' and I adore them ;0) Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful canvas and love all the texture! The little frog is just tooooo CUTE :) We've been having cooler temps and had to turn the furnace on for a bit yesterday. I can't complain though because our SPRING has been amazing and my flowers are popping up in the flower beds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very springlike, lots of texture and great colour for Mr Frog there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valerie. Fabulous canvas. Love the texture you have created.
    Have a lovely day.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These texture backgrounds are just gorgeous, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, those detail shots make me swoon! WHAT gorgeous color AND texture! Just beautiful Valerie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe, those detail shots make me swoon! WHAT gorgeous color AND texture! Just beautiful Valerie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! just look at all that beautiful color and yummy texture. Well done!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful use of color and texture- I LOVE this!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow loads of texture. Love the mix of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow loads of texture. Love the mix of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous with its texture and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely textural canvas today, great colours too, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely canvas Val, great colours and texture! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright colors and your frog friend is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors and texture in this! Very free-flowing...
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy textures + happy colors = happy canvas with a secret sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW amazing textures!!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm loving these colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Valerie, this is fantastic!
    Love all the layering you did, great art work. :]

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the frog! Have a great day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are the queen of texture! This is simply amazing my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.