Tuesday 13 March 2012

Red boots....

Good morning you all! Another day has dawned, and hopefully it will not be as cold and misty as yesterday, although it feels very chilly just now. The meteorologists have promised that spring is on the way, and that it will be warm by the end of the week. I sure hope they are right!

Yesterday I managed a trip to a shoe shop to get some new shoes, always a big undertaking, as I find it difficult to get shoes that fit, don't hurt, that I like and that are not disgracefully expensive. I think I struck lucky! I found some red bootees, made of a soft suede, and decorated with nice, punky chains and studs. I will probably look like something left over from Christmas, but do I care? I just fell in love with them, and they are sooooooooo comfortable and light! I am sure I should be buying sensible, old lady shoes, but I won't! But I did buy a pair of brown leather shoes to wear when I go anywhere where I have to dress as a normal being. And both pairs were reduced by 50%, so got 2 for the price of one!



And in case you are wondering, I do NOT usually put my boots onto my white couch - only if they are shiny bright and new!

The quilt is something I started last year, using some remnants of satin I got in a sale. I cut the material into strips and then rectangles, and sewed them together. The irregular pattern is because I had more of some colours than others. The whole thing has been sewn to a thin layer of fibre-fill, and the reverse has been made from orange satin. The quilt is light as a feather, and measures 1.60 x 1.20 meters, and is just right to keep me warm on my couch, when I am reading or taking a little nap. It hasn't been ironed yet, as my iron committed suicide last year when it leaped from the top shelf of my bottomless pit, aka hall (hell?) closet, trying to make a hole in my head as well. Fortunately it only made a hole in the floor boards, and since then I haven't been able to iron anything....


That's all for today, I will be back tomorrow with my tags for Tag Tuesday. Have a good day, take care, and thanks for dropping by!

31 comments:

  1. Hi Val, love your boots and the quilt is beautiful! I still have the little honeycomb quilt you made for R when she was a baby! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go with those red boots Valerie! They look fabulous and are sure to make you feel great every time you put them on.
    Love the quilt, the colours are gorgeous and very opulent looking.
    Hope you have a good day too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!! That was a cry for help from your poor old iron, neglected and lonely in your dark cupboard!! Groovy boots, baby! They're fab and look SO comfy! Oh and you can sew as well?! Beautiful quilt, LOVE those Zanzibar colours :o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boots are great, love the red and chains!! Your quilt is really beautiful and the colours are stunning together x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must agree - your boots are Divine! You will get a lot of joy out of those! AND THE QUILT! Oh My! Absolutely spectacular. Love the colours and it looks so soft and cuddly. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt Valerie, very indian looking - I didn't know you were a sewer! As for those snuggly boots - fab-a-roonie! Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your red boots are brilliant, I love them and I love your quilt, the colours are beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous boots..I'm jealous!!
    And the quilt is gorgeous.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pleased to see you putting your feet up! Lovely boots Valerie. The quilt looks fabulous.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those boots Valerie and what a find! Pretty quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your boots! Your quilt looks lovely, the irregular pattern making it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute boots and gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those boots! I saw where them everywhere- happy feet = happy person! May your iron rest in peace-and you be freed from ironing (that is a shiny and stunning quilt even with a few wrinkles!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful boots! I'm the same way with my feet- it has to be comfort FIRST! And your quilt is amazing- is there anything you CAN'T do?
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, love the boots, good for you to wear red. They look real comfy.
    The quilt looks gorgeous, love the silky look and the happy colours.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your 'flashy' boots and your quilt is amazing, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well how cute are these??? Love them! Thanks for your sweet comment on my Really Reasonable Ribbon project :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your red boots. Awesome. I have red hytop tennis shoes and love them. Your quilt is fab. Love all the shiny material. Take care and enjoy. Oh yeah, the book you mentioned sounds interesting. We are all made of glue, I believe that was the name. I'm heading to Amazon to check it out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Valerie, you make me chuckle. We shouldn't wear "old lady shoes" for obvious reasons. Red boots are the only way to go and I love yours. They will keep your toes nice and warm when you are creating projects. Sorry about the iron; however, not many iron anymore. They do wash and wear and attempt to get the clothes out of the dryer before wringles set in. I have used my curling iron to straighten ribbon when I'm in a hurry. Your quilt is beautiful and must make you happy when you use it.

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your terrific red boots and your patchwork is gorgeous Valerie. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your boots !!!! They look funky and super comfy Gorgeous quilt is there no craft left untouched by your arty hands !!
    Mrie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now those look like some boots that I might wear. I have a red pair of slippers I wear all the time.. LOVE THEM.. What a beautiful quilt. I always say that one day I want to make a quilt..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bold gorgeous boots! I love (adore even) the quilt you made! The colors are so vibrant and I think the gold pattern on the quilt squares is fab too.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome boots! I'm with you. Comfort first... Your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh the red boots are looking so cozy, something I would definitely not leave in a store and at that price.
    I love that quilt, you are a very talented lady.
    Take care and spring is on the way, yippeee
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rock those red boots!! They are great!
    And that quilt is wonderful. Love those favorites. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your quilt is quite lux! Adore the red boots..I agree completely on picking out footware. Not going to give up fun on my feet either! Green paisley rain boots for me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just love your red boots! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.