Monday 19 March 2012

Monday's Mix

Hi everybody. After two sunny days last week, the weekend came cold, cheerless and dull. There was even a ground frost last night - it really can only get better! But I am watching the sun rising through some clouds just now as I write, so it does look a bit hopeful!

I had a good post day on Friday. Laura sent me my twinchies from the Gingersnaps art exchange. I have received six beauties, from Laura, Alexa , Annette , Suze, Kerry and Petra B. Thanks a lot Ladies, they will be treasured!


Then I got an envelope from Von, who sent me some goodies - a lovely exercise book, the type we used to have at school when I was a kid, and the other things were all hidden in between the pages - mini playing-cards, card-toppers, vintage images, a lovely serviette, ribbon on a ribbon flower, and a wonderful black feather, which I can't stop playing with! Thanks a lot, Von!



And lastly, a tag I made using my (NEW!!!) cabinet-card die. I stamped it from white card, distressed with antique linen and vintage photo. The background has been made using ink sponged through a ledger-template. The image is from LaBlanche, and the wings cut from another TH die using some of my hand-painted paper.


That's all for today, I will be back tomorrow with my tag for Tag Tuesday. Have a good day you all, take care and thanks for visiting!

26 comments:

  1. Love your creation and all the goodies you received! Enjoy your week of creating! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, you are up early again! Enjoy your nice goodies. Love the tag you have made! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag Valerie and you've received some beautiful goodies.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie. Fab tag. You have received some lovely treasures. Enjoy your new goodies.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful goodies you have recieved this week! I like your tag, those wings are fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful collection of treasure! And that last tag is stunning, her wings are so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fab, I love days when you get lots of interesting things in the post. Your tag looks fantastic and I love the sentiment
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super tag, the new die looks fabulous. Enjoy your new goodies.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great selection of goodies to receive :0) Love your new tag!!! Hope your day is bright and cheery ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super mail day you had! Love all the art, especially your new creation. The lady looks great with the hand painted wing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bunch of goodies. Love your tag too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new die cut, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous twinchies (if I may say so myself! Lol) and thank you so much for my one. Lovely goodies from Von and I am so jealous of your new cabinet die - I've been eyeing that one up - it is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christmas in March at your house -- great goodies to play with. Love your tag. Your blog finally shrunk down to it's normal size and once again fits within my screen. Still don't know what that was all about -- anyway, this is much easier for me to read. take care. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great post
    Those twinchies are beautiful then the goodies you received and lastly your own art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous twinchies, What a great swap. Sweet gifts from your friend and Love that wing!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. The postman is bringing you such wonderful goodness! Love how you did the wing with your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!
    Such wonderful treats... got to love "mail art" :]
    Happy Monday, Valerie ((hugs))
    Looking forward to seeing your 'Tuesday tag" .

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol I know with the frost, I couldn't believe it... especially after having the hot sunshine in Florida for the past 2 weeks...

    love your tag val and lucky you with your goodies, enjoy...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tag and lovely gifts. I know you will find a place for each item in future tags or paintings.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, how beautiful! I LOVE your quote and piece on the bottom and so admire your goodies. Those twinchies are so cool - I really must try that one day, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag, love the wings! You have so many pretties to share today, I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Val, wow what a great post today, such lovely art and the goodies you received. Have fun with that feather, something I would play with too :).
    Hope it warms up, I will send you some heat....
    Lesley ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tag looks wonderful.. And How fun to get happy mail.. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh such lovely goodies you received how lucky you are. Love the cabinet card with that super image.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.