Saturday 7 January 2012

Saturday, Weekend and an Album

Hi everybody! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I still look forward to weekends, although as I don't work any more, all the week is work free for me. Must be a throw back to all those working years, where the weekend was always something to look forward to!

Yesterday I made a quick album in which to put my postcards for the *Auntie Cissie and Jason Saga*. It had to be quick, as I am busy doing lots of other things in *real-life*, although I hate all those nasty but sometimes necessary errands and other things which keep me from crafting and painting! I cut the pages from a pad of craft paper, made a fold along the long side, and then folded the page together, to give a double page for 2 postcards. I snipped off the inside corners, to make it easier to fold, and stuck the outside edge with DST. Made 26 pages, so I have a pocket for each week of the year. The covers have been made from a corrugated cardboard box. The covers have been distressed a bit, and then partly painted with a quick coat of gesso. I lined the inside covers with some cardstock to give them a bit more stability, and then fixed the whole thing together with my Zutter BIA. I decorated the front cover with *photos* of my protagonists and the first pages with some old ads for hotels in Vienna and a few other travel related embellishments. The postcard can then be tucked into the pocket each week.






I am really looking forward to getting the new travel destination on Monday and starting the new postcard!

So that's all for today. Hope you all have a wonderful day, take care, and thanks for dropping in!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Val, how are you today? The kids were all sick yesterday, had some sort of bug! Love your album! Take care, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a fun project. You will have a blast participating and the entire story in a book in the end. Very entertaining indeed. Enjoy! hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to see where they go to next either! Have a great 'weekend'. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, you've finished your postcard album - mine is still very much a wip!

    Have a lovely weekend, Valerie.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Valerie! Great album - beautifully decorated.
    Can't wait to hear next week's instalment.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. enjoy your weekend..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you create albums so fast and so creative, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The travel ephemera pages so call to me! The different text elements, the layers, the thrill of traveling. Oh, I want another vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks a great book to store your postcards. Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Valerie. The album looks great. This looks a lot of fun. What a fab idea. Looking forward to seeing more. Have a lovely weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking book might have been quick to make it's still perfect for the job XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't you clever to make such a pretty travel journal. It'll be a great way to show and tell about the project at the end of the year! Can't wait to follow them around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work my friend. I love the new look blog too.
    I am glad to see you creating so much lovely art still. And the travel journal is a great idea
    Have a lovely weekend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  13. O.K Valerie, must be nice not having to go off to work each day and having all that free time to create. Lucky lady! I look forward to that day! LOl
    Great looking album
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Have a wonderful weekend and I hope your weather is as nice as ours is right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New year Val. Lovely album, love all the funny pics too!
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Valerie, You create wonderful art work and I love your paintings:0)I agree with you weekends are still great even if you don't work, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Val, hope you are feeling better than last week. Yes the weekend sure comes and goes quick doesn't it? Love your album and will be watching you as you continue with your postcards.
    Thanks always for dropping by.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW, I love what you created!!! I just remembered that I have an awesome photo album and I should work on it for a project! I hope you're having a good weekend~XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your book and the postcard is brilliant. Full of charm!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely, fine place to put your postcards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.