Tuesday 3 January 2012

More Journal Pages and Tags

Good morning you all! Yesterday I really had to give myself a kick in the butt to get going and do something. I started off by trying to clear masses of bits and pieces from my table, as my AWS (available working space) had shrunk to less than inchy size. There were loads of paper scraps there, leftovers from Christmas crafting, so I cut them all into neat pieces and decided to use as much as I could in my journal to avoid moving them from one corner to another over the next weeks. I painted the pages with brown, yellow and white acrylics. Then I used part of a paper napkin for the image on the left side, before *framing* it with the scraps, making a mosaic. On the left hand side I added a postcard, as it had the right colours! and the text *When hands reach out in friendship hearts are touched by joy*.




The tags have been made for a new blog, *Tag Tuesday*. Our theme this week is snow. I have made 2 tags, using black cardstock from last year's calendar. The tags have been stamped with a LaBlanche script stamp; one has been embossed in white and one with silver. I have used TH's fence and branch tree for both tags, and added some stars, birds and snowflakes for embellishments. On the silver embossed tag I used a flourish stamp in the background, too, which has also been embossed with silver.




Do pop over and have a look at the blog, there will be lots of snowy tags to see!

Have a nice day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!

24 comments:

  1. Love the journal pages, such warm colours! And the snow tags are fun, too. Have a lovely day, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your journal pages are awesome, Valerie! Love the Timmy's tags too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal pages - love the colours, which are somehow different for you. Your tags are super duper - love the one on the right, I think it's all the sparkles. "Almost" made me miss snow! ha ha hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful journal pages... I love the colours.

    You already know I think your tags are stunning.

    Now you offer me the glitter.... when I've left the country!!!! Maybe next time?

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I don't clear it away toooooooo often there should be plenty there for your next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are GORGEOUS! The minute I saw them, I decided I want to do something similar with my little students- I LOVE that stark effect between the white tree and sky, SO beautiful!
    And you already know how much I love your journal pages....that quote is great too!
    My kids go back to school tomorrow, and I hope to get some traveling sketchbook work done then...
    Happy Tuesday hugs to you!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages Valerie, I just love the gold sparkly papers and the wintry tags too. Enjoy the rest of your day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love what you have done with your scraps Valeria what a super page :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tags Valerie - very "snowy".
    As for the journal pages..what a creative use of scraps!
    Hugs xx
    p.s. must get myself into gear and make my snow tag...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Valerie. Do you find the bigger the table the smaller the AWS is!!!lol! The hands are a lovely image to include in your pages. Fab tags. Have a lovely evening.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hiya, not too late to join the postcard challenge at all, and you dont have to play every week, though it would be lovely if you did.

    Hope to see you there. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Valerie. Your new journal pages are fabulous. I love the colors and your design.

    Winter tags are super too!

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are off and running in your new year. They all look great. Very creative. May I say, "You Rock?" Tee hee. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the journal pages and the snowy tags are gorgeous.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where to start? Love your journal the mosaic from your scraps is brilliant. Your tags rock! off to find our more about the challenge now XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smashing journal pages and loving your great tags, x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Valerie, Gorgeous pages what a beautiful effect with the papers, I love your tags too:0) I share your AWS problem!! I hate clearing my work area but it has to be done, sad eh!! LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always enjoy my visits to your blog for the beautiful journal pages and tags! All are so fabulous! Love the added fences!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! you are always so busy!!!! I need more hours in my day and energy for my body... shoulda asked Santa :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Wow! I love the effect that you have achieved with the pages, its really striking and the tags look fabulous too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, love these tags! The tree die looks amazing in white. Gorgeous! (And thanks for your super kind compliment on my blog today!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in LOVE with your journal pages.. They look amazing. And your tags look awesome!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.