Monday 29 August 2011

Monday again, and almost the end of August

Time, as usual, is flying fast. I am sure the days used to be longer. The older I get, the quicker the days fly by. It is also my friend B's birthday, so I hope she will have a happy day. I will be visiting her later and taking her a little present and her card.
For the card I used a photo of her dog, which I mounted onto a tiny canvas, which was also mounted onto an easel card.


The second piece is a postcard made for the Craft-room Challenge, where masking has to be used. I used a mask from *Tattered angels* *ironworks* to make the gate, and used a cutout of the little boy and his teddy as a mask before distressing the background. I drew round the gate with a black pen to add more definition. I stamped the teddy again and decoupaged it to give it more volume, and added a TH *iron* fence at the front, bending it slightly to give it more depth. Thestamps in both tags are from Scrollsworks.


The second postcard has also been masked with the same gate, and I used a cut-out of the stamped image again to mask the background before distressing it. I turned the seat the little girls are sitting on into a swing, and hung it from a branch. I added the little guardian angel to look after the adventurous girls.


I hope that all those in the path of *Irene* stayed safe, and that your weather will have no more nasty surprises for you in the next time.
Okay, that was it for today. I won't be around for most of today and part of tomorrow, so I'll catch up with your blogs tomorrow afternoon. Have a nice day, thanks for visiting and take care!







30 comments:

  1. Nice birthday card. She will love it. I really like the 3D effect you got with the white picket fence. Have fun today. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, hope your weather is better today, at least it's not raining here (yet!) Love your cards, especially the one with the doggy! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous postcards Valerie, great masking. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tags Valerie, love the girls on the swing and the birthday card is gorgeous. Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card and beautiful postcards!Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always seem to get so much done. They all look fab and love that tree charm very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely birthday card your friend will love it. The masked pieces are magical especially the little girls on the swing. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such inspirational works you've done today Val. Hope you have a great time whatever you're doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love the masking technique. :) It's very time consuming but well worth it in the end. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful maskings, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great day in store Val!The Bday card is adorable and enjoying the postcards as well - GREAT gates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can hardly believe that we are in the last few days of August.
    A beautiful array of work from you Valerie.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. your birthday card looks like a gift in itself! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful work! Have a super week. Thanks for joining Craft-Room Challenge. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Valerie. Great work. Super birthday card. I am sure your friend will love it.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely post cards val and fab card for B, I hope she has a lovely birthday...

    as for the days, totally agree, I'm sure they were longer...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope you had a lovely day with your friend and bet she loved the card :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet card for your birthday friend, what a cute dog. The masks have given a great effect.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous creations! Your masking is great - I love the scenes you've created. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Valerie. I love that card you made for your friend. It shows a lot of care was put into it. Very nice and Happy Birthday to your friend. Sorry I haven't been around but you know I'm back and forth to San Jose and I don't know how long I'm going to do that but I will as long as I'm needed there. Hope you are well and thank you for stopping by my blog, you are very nice. I appreciate it. Take care. Hopefully I will have something for our PPF. I don't know though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great birthday card for your friend, the dog looks so sweet! I love your postcards and how you have used the masks x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your cards, Valerie! The seat/swing change is inspired! Beautiful use of the ornate gate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Valerie Love Your Dog B-Card! And I sure she will too!
    Your Post Cards are Fantastic Too! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome cards...always fun to see what you've been up to! Happy Creating! And thanks for popping by over at POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  25. OOH super dooper masking my friend just gorgeous and the girl on the swing is a delight. Your friends birthday card is lovely her dog is just so gorgeous. Enjoy the time with her and have a stiff one for me.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, all three are wonderful!!!! I love the swinging girls and watchful angel!!!I bet your friend will love her personalized card with her dog, so cute on the tiny canvas, you are so creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. dear Valerie,
    Love the three uses of gate. Such creative expressions today. Thanks for thinking about me. All is well, just mucking out the basement. So happy we have power! take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  28. The dog is gorgeous on the card for your friend and love the gate treatment on your other projects. It really stands out. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful projects!

    Thanks for playing in at Craft-Room Masking Challenge,-))m

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely masking - sweet little teddy bear..Thanks so much for joining our craft-room challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.