Thursday 4 August 2011

Mini Book Day

First of all I would like to say a big thanks you to all who left me good wishes and sent me healing sparkles by mail yesterday, it evidently helped, because I do feel better today. But I am going to take things easier for a few days, and try to get a bit more sleep and fresh air!

On Monday I took my mail-art envelope to the post. The lady behind the counter smiled at me, said *Oh, how lovely! The lucky recipient! I'd better put lots of pretty stamps on to it!* Somebody must have cloned her!!

And I had to collect 2 parcels with mini-books from the customs - after they had been *keeping them warm* for weeks. Evidently they don't have enough employees. So why do they have to control mini-books?? Anyway, the lady there told me to open the parcels, and she couldn't believe her eyes! She spent 20 minutes going into rhapsodies over these beautiful little books. I kept telling her that there was a big queue waiting. She said *Let them wait*. Now I'm afraid they will be holding more of my parcels ransom so that they can look at my lovely things!
One of the little books was from Lisa Fulmer
I did a one to one swap with her 2 months ago, and she made me a beautiful bird book.
Here is the front cover, the other pictures are in the slide show at the bottom of the post.


The second parcel was from Lenna, who organises lots of lovely swaps. I joined in her *Little Book Swap*, fir which I made 4 books, and received 4 in return - from Laura Hummel, Juliet Sutton,
Corinne Marie and from my dear blogger friend Donna Parker. I have shown the first photo of each book here, the others are in the slide show. Donna's Album had an *extra* - it was wrapped in printed cheese-cloth, which she had pinned together with a pearl hat-needle.





And here is the slide show:




And while we are on the subject of mini-books, here is a little key-chain album I made at the weekend, and was intending to show yesterday. It is 2 1/4 x 3 1/2". I used a little metal frame for the front cover, and made the pages using scraps- left over from another project - from the *Fairy Tale Stack*.











Oh dear, this post has turned out to be a bit longer than I was intending! Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!

30 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie. Oh so happy you are feeling better. Such a haul! A long wait for such a haul! Beautiful treasures. I adore the book with the heavily embossed paper on the cover. I remember when I first saw it on Lennas site when it came in. Absolutely gorgeous. They are all lovely ... little treasures. Good decision to take it easy for a little while and give yourself some self care. hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, I've been telling you for ages to slow down! Now be a good girl, and really do it for a few days, let the world wait! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to hear your feeling a little more human and what a lovely selection of little books :) they've got a cheek at customs lol hope they don't hold up to many of your parcels
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous books and love your miniature one (I really like little, tiny things). So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today. Take care and have a little snooze whenever you feel like it!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val, what a lot of lovely little books! Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, I wasn't home yesterday. Take care of yourself for a change! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today Valerie and I should think the gorgeous artwork you received will have helped. Lucky you as it's so beautiful.
    Gorgeous mini book from you too, love every page although the owl caught my eye.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're feeling better today.You are very lucky to receive all those wonderful books.I just love yours, very artistic!!!
    Take care...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are SO gorgeous! No wonder the mail lady made the line wait so she could see! And I love your key chain book- I bet those would be popular at Etsy....
    Take care of yourself!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased you are feeling a bit better today. Your swap albums are beautiful, bet the queue was wanting to see what was happening as well.
    Love your key-chain album, so many gorgeous pages things to look at. Take care of yourself. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear you are feeling a bit better Valerie, make sure you do rest and get some fresh air it will do you so much good.....nag nag....
    Loving your swop albums and your keychain album is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are better. The mini books are very lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better! And how wonderful that the lady at the post office is being kind now...of course, that worries me a bit...LOL! And while I feel bad that the people behind you had to wait at the customs office, I do think it is rather cool that the woman was so in love with the art that she just HAD to see it. It's amazing what art can do for people! I really love your mini book keychain! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what whole bunch of beautiful! You take some time for you!!!Rest relax and recharge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous books and mail art Valerie - good to see the post office finally appreciating them but I hope they don't hold on to any more!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day at the post office! Fabulous idea for a keychain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Valerie. Pleased you are feeling better but just take it easy hey! Love all the mini books. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning, Valerie. Happy to read you are feeling some better today. The little books would certainly brighten my day -- you received some beautiful treasures.

    Your tiny frame book is precious too.

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. By all means take care of yourself and get that much needed rest! So much gorgeous eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry I've been neglecting you Val. You are such a lovely, positive lady and I was sorry to hear you weren't feeling well again. The mini books are beautiful, wonderful memories to keep from wonderful ladies. I will try to keep up now. xx Jeanie g

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy you're feeling better, your key chain album is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, Glad you are feeling better. I was a little under the weather yesterday myself. I love all your swap stuff and that little mini album withe frame on front is adorable! What a creative idea. Hope you have a nice day. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy to hear you are feeling a little better and please do rest we will all be here waiting for you however long it takes. Beautiful creations from everyone The minis are marvelous ! Great to hear the lady at the post office is softening it's about time too ! Looks like your fabulous mail art is winning her over !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad your feeling better Valerie! Its no wonder she wanted to see all the little books, there darling, hopefully they won't hold them hostage anymore! Your mini key book is wonderful as well!.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  24. all fab val, well done on your work and the other ladies...

    pleased you are feeling better too...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pages - yours and "theirs" - thank you for sharing! How funny about the mail lady - yes she should be your likely suspect for future delays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your album is superb and the ones you were sent are lovely too. Please do take it easy and don't overdo it x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous journals...loved your post today. I can imagine it all!Glad u are feeling better too. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh how very beautiuful Valerie. So pretty. Love the pages. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the weekend and of course tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!
    The altered book is fantastic!
    Lov'in everything about it :]

    ReplyDelete
  30. so fun! glad your book finally arrived!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.