It was another really hot day, and this afternoon we had thunder and lightning, and torrential rain. An hour later everything was dry again and the cooler air had disappeared - but it should be a bit cooler tomorrow!
I went out for my walk a bit earlier than usual, and kept again to the shady paths and the shady side of the street!
This little book is the first piece I made after getting my cast off. It will be some time before I can use my thumb normally, but I am trying not to do too much in the meantime. I made the covers from some woven man-made material that I got from a neighbour, who had a large piece left over after making her vertical blinds. I painted it with blue metallic paint, and then sprinkled Frantage EP onto it while it was still wet, and heat dried it. I was a bit afraid that it might melt, but it didn't. I lined the inside covers with DP from Prima. The dragonfly wings were cut with a TH die. I used some glassine paper, painted with the rest of the blue paint, and stamped with a blue crackle stamp. I just glued the wings at the inside edges, and let the outer edges curl up. The flower is from my stash. After binding with the BIA, I added some seam binding, and a beaded embellishment, threaded onto nylon and tired to the wires.
I love this corner of town
The roses are growing on a fence along the old wall
I love the shapes of the branches
This beautiful butterfly posed for me today:
Have a great day, take care,
and thanks a lot for coming by.