Friday 17 May 2013

Paper Saturdays and Make My Monday Challenge

Hi you all, it's weekend! And a freezin' cold one at that. It was dark and dismal all day, with lots of rain and mist - yuck! And I thought we had at last turned the corner to spring....

Today I am linking to Manon's Paper Saturdays with these 2 little folders / ATC / photo holders or whatever. They are each made from one sheet of double sided  12" paper, and are a variation of the maze book. The first one, which was primarily made for the Make My Monday 'Jane Eyre' Challenge, has been made with 7 Gypsies paper. The folded edge at the bottom has been trimmed with a Martha Stewart Punch. I made 4 ATCs,  using images from Jane Eyre (all courtesy of Wikipedia Commons). I did not try to colour them, as I think the black and white images fit better to the Victorian age and to the sad story.

The covers have been clear varnished to make them  more durable.


There are 8 pockets in all







I enjoyed making this, and remembering reading the book as a child and crying buckets of tears over it....

The second little book has been made of one sheet of Kaisercraft paper. For the back I used a scrap of coredinations paper which I distressed and inked with red DI.




Both sides of the sheet were printed with a scalloped pattern, so I fussy cut along the edges to make the scallops.


These little books are quick and easy to make, and make nice presents, perhaps filled with a few photos or cards or whatever.

Here's wishing you all a great weekend. Take care, have fun, and thanks a lot for visiting!

24 comments:

  1. Love both of the little books, but the Jan Eyre one has captivated my heart! Hugs, sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Jane Eyre creation is absolutely beautiful Valerie and such a lovely idea too.
    Great book as well.
    Sorry you had bad weather today and hope the weekend is better.
    Lovely to have you join in with our MMM challenge too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely books, Valerie. All so useful and very pretty. I'm in love with that Martha Stewart punch - you have used it so many different ways. I'm impressed. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your very pretty books Valerie. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these little books, so pretty! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects,the Bronte book is gorgeous. I loved treading that book as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are great projects and would make for a lovely gift!! Thanks for stopping by on my blog! Have a great weekend, hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little books are treasures indeed! wonderful work. So sorry to hear about the weather...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Valerie, Your book creations are wonderful. You are so talented and the details amazing. Hope your weather gets better. It is hot here,so I'll try and send you some warm air.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
    Have a nice weekend,
    hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are marvelous! I love bookmaking to, make many due to time constraints. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both your books but I especially like the Jane Eyre one.
    Lovely to see you joining in at MMM.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Valerie, I'll have to have a go at these books, I love how you've fussy cut the tops of the pockets. The Jane Eyre images are fab. Weather is rubbish again here today, will we ever get a summer this year? Have a good day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both books are lovely. The Charlotte Bronte book appeals because like you I read it, a few times, when I was younger, and have a couple of DVD versions. You spur me to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. die bücher sind grandios geworden,das mit charlotte bronte ist so romantisch und geheimnisvoll,das andre ist von den farben und schönen papieren seehr genial,ich mag auch den punch von marta stewart sehr,ich liebe beide bücher seeehr.

    Wünsch Dir auch ein schönes WE :-)

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Das sind 2 total süße Büchlein! Aber das Jane Eyre Buch ist der Hammer! Richtig nostalgisch! Ich liebe es!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beauties! Love the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Valerie! Both books are well done but I have to admit I like your Jane Eyre rendition best of all. It does have an old feel to it and each page seems to have its own mystery and romance. I love the shadow portrait. It is chilly and rainy here as well. Where did Spring go?
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think spring went somewhere where it's warmer....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful books but I too am fond of the Jane Eyre one, I remember crying when I read it too! The silhouette is most striking too! Hope it warms up there soon! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super fabulous creations! Your images are all perfect! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful little books, my fave is Jane Eyre, too, I think everybody cried over it! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so impressed with your pocket books. The first one if my favorite probably because I'm a fan of that vintage era and love old things in general. The scalloped edge one is so pretty too. What a great way to save momentos, cards and photos. Do you have any filled up with scraps and souvenirs that are just as pretty as the books you made for them?

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are the Queen of book making Valerie, I loved Jane Eyre too and have seen the film no end of times (from B&W to the colour updates lol) If you ever get any nice weather send a little over here would you xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow that second one is my favourite. Happy paper Saturdays. Manonx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.