Sunday 15 April 2012

Sunday, cold and damp and no sun

Good morning you all. No spring feelings to the weather here just now, just plain cold and damp; not my favourite, and not good for aching bones either. But on the plus side, I slept till after 8 this morning, which was good, as I am mostly awake before 6.
Yesterday I had fun watching the blue-tits devouring the fat balls on my balcony. A couple of sparrows joined in, but they all got their turn. Then a big, black crow arrived and started feeding. The little birds were all in the tree, really getting their knickers in a twist about the big intruder, who looked like he was going to eat everything. Then the blue-tits all flew at him together, and he flattered off, croaking loudly his lament, and the littl'uns were once again the kings of the castle and able to enjoy *their* food.

Today I just have one tag to share. I spent a lot of time painting yesterday, but it's not finished yet. I have made a tag with a sponged ink background for the Unruly Paper Arts RAQ 1. I used my birch tree mask, and sponged gradient colours of DI through the trees. The word *Treasure* has been used as focal image over the trees, and I added some prima flowers and ribbon in complementary colours. I am also linking to Simon Says Stamp and Show, where this week a TH technique must be used.


Okay, that's all for today. Have a good Sunday, whatever the weather, take care, and thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Val, glad you slept a bit longer. My kids even let me sleep a few minutes longer today, too! Love your tag! Have a nice day! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Valerie, that's a great tree mask and I love the variegated colours. Woke up to a light covering of snow this morning but it's disappearing already. Keep cozy. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Valerie, isn't it lovely to be able to lie in from time to time. This is a fabulous tag, the background stenciling and colours are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val

    Love your tag. I do all I can to encourage the birdies into our garden, and laid on a feast, and spent a fortune on birdie bits, but not a bite! Little blighters!!! I think they must be extra fussy birds, lol! Hope the sun shines for you soon. I'm off to the Zoo in a hour, and the sky is looking somewhat dogdy, hope the rain holds off, and the sun shines for both of us.
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glow on your tag. The trees are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely technique and a great tag.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best projects! LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag, I love the stencil/mask of the tree. Cold and damp here to today, feels like winter again x

    ReplyDelete
  9. your tag is so creative, love how you arranged the letters. Hoping spring comes to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tag Valerie :) it all comes together beautifully
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Valerie. a beautiful piece and love those flowers they are gorgeous
    have a lovely weekend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the TREASURE Tag...Stay warm! Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Sleeping in! Oww, sounds wonderful! Beautiful tag too my friend - I LOVE your big lettering! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag! Si glad you got to sleep in :0) I slept in today too....much later than you did....it does feel good once in a awhile.
    It's gray and damp here too...not cold though...just muggy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this tag Val, the colors of the flowers are striking against the background which is oh so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHHHH MY WORD Valerie.....I just fell in LOVE with your tag!! It's just WONDERFUL!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad the little blue tits won that battle, although I suspect the crow will be back and maybe he'll bring his friends with him!

    Your tag is great, I like the bold lettering over the trees. Very effective.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Valerie. Fabulous treasure tag. Love the tree background.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these tags especially the Treasure one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very effective background! Great sentiment. Thanks for sharing at UPA.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.