Thursday 19 April 2012

A small canvas

After a very windy and chilly day yesterday, and a frosty night, I am hoping that I will not have to freeze so much today. It is just raining today, everything is grey in grey, and I woke to the cheerful sound of raindrops dripping off the branches.... And to crown it all, I seem to have caught a cold, so am not too happy about that. But rainy weather is a good time to stay home and be creative!

Yesterday I did not get very far with my H*******K. I did mop the floors, but then when I wanted to tidy the kitchen, I saw the paints and embellies I had got ready to re-use some canvases, and somehow I had to play with them.... This little canvas is one of the results. 2 others are half finished, so there will be more to come. The canvas has been painted with structure paste, and then with layers of greens, purple, blue and some black. I added Stickles again for some glitter and shine, and decorated it with some Prima and other flowers and berries. The canvas is 10x10 cms.


So, I will be having an easy day today, I want this cold to go away, so that means some rest! How good that one can rest so well while painting.... Have a good day you all, take care and thanks for coming by!

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece Val, love the colours, and how it shimmers, really, really, pretty! It's wet here, too! Have a good day! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at the texture on that canvas! Great colours too.

    I hope you feel better soon, Valerie. We need some sunshine, eh?!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you use this stuff (Paste) love the colours ;0)

    Feel better soon Val (stupid weather) Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Valerie, this is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous colours, texture and sparkle. Love it! As for the H*K, you did a little, which is better than doing nothing. Take it easy. Hugs. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrasting colours Valerie and the textures.... such a sweet piece.

    No H*******K for you then today - Dr's orders!

    GET WELL SOON

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Valerie :) love how you have done the bird such a good contrast :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wonderful canvas Valerie. Love the texture you have created. The colours and the bird are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the other canvases when you have completed them. Have a lovely creative day.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous canvas Valerie...so much texture and rich colours.
    Enjoy your resting/painting and I hope your cold vanishes ..
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Val, what a gorgeous, textural piece...LOVE it !!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your cold gets better soon. Love your canvas. The colours are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous canvas Val, love the bright colors! Take some Zinc, that will help you get over your cold faster.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful canvas! Don't blame you for postponing the H......rk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. take care of yourself, one thing about house work it always waits for you, never goes away!
    This is a beautiful canvas, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are sooooooooooo right, Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. At the risk of sounding like an oddball, I want to touch that canvas! The texture is totally drawing me in and I just love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Valerie! That is just beautiful! Great work, I love it. Love all the color and glitter. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow ,your canvas is Gorgeous!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to see this in real life as it is incredible via a photo! I just love that textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Val,
    sorry to hear you are unwell. Get a cup of tea and a good blanket and wrap yourself.
    Love your canvas. Thanks for dropping by....feel better soon
    Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh, this is beautiful, Valerie! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this canvas, the colours are beautiful and so textured. Just gorgeous.
    Hope that cold goes away soon.
    VonnyK :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a beautiful canvas, love the rich texture.
    Take care of yourself, Valerie ((feel better))
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooooooo another fantastic kreation just love the colours and textures going on there. Most inspirational.

    luv Storm x

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW the texture and colours are glorious love this XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.