Tuesday 3 June 2014

Tags and Trees

Hi everybody!

We had another warm and sunny day here, great for walking. Tomorrow will be cooler and probably wet, we've got bad weather coming to us from the British Isles! I can understand my countrymen not wanting to keep the weather there, but please, folks, send it in a different direction next time, okay?
I have to go for a day of examinations at the local hospital tomorrow, so I will be round to visit your blogs when I get back.

I made these tags over the weekend. I used scrap card and covered it with a paper napkin showing a detail from Michelangelo's  'The creation of Adam' from the Sistine Chapel. I divided it into two pieces, which I matted with blue and brown cardstock. I added some fragments of old letters, and used my diamond stencil to texture the sides. I used a mix of embossing paste, bead gel and terracotta paint. (I can't recommend this mixture, it was way too sticky!) When it was dry I added some gilding flakes in between (I am totally addicted to them) and glittered the embossed parts with stickles in blue and cinnamon. I added the text by hand. I punched eyelets into the top and threaded some fibres through, using beads from broken jewelry to pick out some of the colours. The tags are each 8" high.








Today I was fascinated by the size and fullness of the trees, they are just magnificent. This one looks like it has three legs:



The hay is drying on the meadows by the Rhine:



And this little guy was kind enough to land right at my feet for a photo:


Have a great day, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!

26 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags Valerie and such a lovely theme too. Love your photos as well.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tags, Val, love how you have used the paper napkins. Great colour scheme, too! Take care tomorrow, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours would so beautifully, giving that stunning Renaissance feel.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tags. Hope we don't send too much bad weather over. Apart from one shower of rain we've had another lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... Jake the Peg, with the extra leg ..... Sorry, silly moment! Beautiful tags Valerie with a lovely sentiment. Good luck for tomorrow! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic pair of tags, the words are lovely. As for the rain, we just have to share it, and those flowers photos in your previous post, may just need a little water to help them grow. Hope tomorrow goes well for you.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW,wunderwunderschöne tags hast du gemacht,mir gefällt auch die Diamond stencil so gut,deine Mixtur gibt dem ganzen einen Rennaisance feeling,richtig klasse.
    der Baum mit den drei Beinen ist ja irre,sowas hab ich noch nie gesehen,wünsch dir für morgen alles gute und drück die Daumen *knuddel*

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tags design and how you made the cover with paper napkin so interesting. I ike your photos too.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Tags looks wonderful. And I also like the quotes you used on them. Wonderful photos once again. I do hope everything is alright with you!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these beautiful tags. You have used napkins so cleverly and they look so lovely.
    Hope you are allright, Valerie,
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck with the examinations. Beautiful tags and sentiments. Magnificent trees indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tags with powerful images of the hands.

    Great photos as always and I think you must attract little creatures they come so close for your photographs

    Still raining here so hope it doesn't come your way

    Thinking of you today-good luck

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wunderschöne Tags Valerie und imposante Bäume sind das.. und der Riesenbrummer erinnert mich irgendwie an den faulen Willi bei der Biene Maja....
    obwohl er kein Grashüpfer ist...
    schöne Tag Dir !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tags and words, love your tree photographs as well. Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tags, Valerie, and as always I am fascinated by your many techniques.
    That's a great photo of the avenue of trees and the photo of the insect, well caught.
    I hope all went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope all goes well. Great words on your tags. Love the drops of beads. xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tags are just so pretty, love the design and how they interact! Thanks for your sweet comment, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tags are stunning, I love all the texture in the diamond stencils and the torn bits of paper add so much interest to an already gorgeous set of tags. Hope all went well for you. Big hugs, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tags have great meaning today as well as being beautiful. Loved the new photos. Trees are magnificent when green and healthy and the row of trees is a great photo. Best to you tomorrow when you go for your tests.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Valerie, Lovely tags. I have always loved this image of the hands. Wonderful quote!! Your trees are amazing. What a wonderful photo from your walks and the sweet dragon fly was a bonus. I think he landed there to let you know, all will be okay!! Wishing you best regards on your exam at the hospital.
    Thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such Beautiful tags , I adore the images on the napkins...the texture & colours are simply perfect... Love them both..Gorgeous trees too... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, it might have been a sticky mixture - however it did make the most incredibly beautiful tags! (With your help of course). Nice to see the hay drying in the fields. Beautiful shot of the firefly. I'm busy making marmalade! I'll let you know how it turns out. take care. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very beautiful - wonderful idea - fantastic sentiment.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Und noch so zwei tolle Tags - ich bin begeistert. Klasse, wie du die Libelle eingefangen hast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.