Wednesday 6 November 2013

Happy Mail and Happy Cookies

Hi everybody!
Yesterday started off with a beautiful sunset, and we had a few hours of cold, but pleasant weather, before the clouds got blacker and blacker and the rain came down.


I had a good walk along the Rhine again. I discovered this little house on my way, and thought at first that a kid was standing in the window, until I realised it was a life size image. It's a little playhouse at some allotments near the river.

I love this view down the river.

These 2 shots were taken in the Church porch:



And I found this giant mushroom in the park, it was good 10" wide, I don't think I have ever seen such  a big one.  I wanted to put my foot next to it to relate to the size, but was not able to crouch down for the photo and stick my foot out at the same time, and I did not want to sit on the wet grass.


  I was lucky enough to get more happy mail .
This beautiful hand drawn and painted ATC was made by LonettA, we did a swap.It came presented in a red card, and is really beautiful. I will treasure it along with the art works of other friends. Thanks a lot!


And I got a fat envelope from my friend Narda in Illinois, who sent me all these beautiful stickers. I will have great fun using them in my cards and journals - thanks, Narda! She is also the lady who sends me funnies everyday in the mail to cheer me up, a lot of which I have also posted here on my blog, and a great lady to have as a friend.






 Yesterday I read on Christine's blog about some oat and cinamon cookies she had baked. I looked up the recipe and decided to bake them, as I had all the yummy ingredients here. I made a few changes - I used soft, brown sugar instead of white, added a bit more cinamon and some ground almonds. They were baked in 10 minutes, and it was really hard waiting for the second batch to come out of the oven
 so that I could take the photo. They taste delicous, and the rest of them are stored in a tin, and will make lots of yummy snacks. Would it be bad and greedy to hope that nobody comes by so that I don't have to share them?
But of course, you can help yourself!


Have a great day, take care, and thanks for coming by.

27 comments:

  1. Great post, lovely presents and yummy biscuits. You would definitely be wise not to open the door, unless it's me! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh Wow,was für tolle post du bekommen hast,einfach fantastisch.
    toll sind die Bilder,und das Spielhaus ist ja echt Süss,deine kekse sind bestimmt leecker,yummy.

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shots of the church passageways and the river. Don't eat too many cookies at once! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never do that! I eat just one at a time....

      Delete
  4. You got some lovely post, and those cookies look divine - save one for me, please! I'm still at my Mum's! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaaaaah...cookies! YUM! Those photos are lovely - there's something truly lovely about the evening light, no matter what time of year it is....but combined with autumn leaves it's stunning! Thanks for sharing your walk! And thank you MILLIONS for your kind invite to post on Try It Tuesday - that was awesome! Big hugs - Shroo:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send you a cookie! See you at TIOT! Valerie

      Delete
  6. Your cookies are delicious Valerie, thank you, I love cinnamon! Great goodies and beautiful pics, I love the one of the mushroom in amongst the autumn leaves. Now, time for a cuppa, mind if I have a second cookie! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look delicious, hope you have some left for yourself after we have all been visiting.
    Love the photos, that child looks so alive, I would have been fooled as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy cookies and very happy mail you must have been thrilled today, lovely shots as always thanks for sharing Valerie

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot everything I was going to say when I saw the cookies, yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies look amazing! Also I love the idea of putting the ATC on that beautiful red background, it really enhances it. Congrats on the happy mail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teriffic photos Valerie-it really does look like a real child in the window of the play house.

    What wonderful happy mail--can't wait to see what you make with the stickers.

    We have been out for the day but will post about that some other day.

    Take care

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to say I can smell the wonderful cookies from here--Yum YUm

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know how much I envy your walks. We live in the woods and although I love it here and it is beautiful, it is like seeing the same trees everyday! No old architecture and cubbyholes, no historic river - just trees, and more trees and plenty of wild animals that you hope stay hidden. Well enough of longing to walk where you walk. The ATC card is gorgeous.
    I love the picture of your cookies - went to the store yesterday afternoon and bought the ingredients. I am going to follow your lead and use brown sugar and crushed walnuts instead of the almonds.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walnuts will be very nice! I only had ground almonds here, and had to use what I had, but if I make them again that is a good idea!

      Delete
  14. I always enjoy seeing the photos from your walks. And those cookies look so yummy. I think I will treat myself to one. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cookies look yummy and such a nice gift from your friend! I thought that was a child in the window, too! A hotel chain here had some advertising billboards on highways that had a child sitting on top holding a teddy bear. They looked so realistic the police were getting calls that a child had climbed up there. There were accidents--they actually had to take them down!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first photo of the playhouse is a little spooky and that life size image does indeed look real. Thanks again for all of those gorgeous photo's that mushroom looks amazing. Gorgeous biscuits go mad eat them all !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great parcel full of stickers. You will have fun. I'm coming over to a cookie and a cuppa. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wieder eine ganz wundervolle Serie von Fotos! Ein schöner Schnappschuss mit dem kleinen Knirps in dem Spielhaus, einfach goldig! Schöne Sticker hast du bekommen und die Kekse sehen sehr lecker aus. Ich fühle mich geehrt, das du meine ATC hier vorstellt und ich freue mich, dass sie dir gefällt! LG und ein schönes Wochenende.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful walk with you. What wonderful goodies from Narda, I love her jokes and the ATC is a beauty too! You are lucky I am too far away to come enjoy those delicious cookies! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.