Friday 19 April 2013

Something moving for spring

Hi you all! The current challenge over at Try it on Tuesdays  is to make something with a spring theme which should have something moving on it. I have tried a waterfall tag. I stamped the background with my  script stamp and some leaves in forest moss after distressing in gradient, spring-like colours. I made my 'waterfall' using images from CI; 2 with happy faces and 2 with flowers - all things that remind me of spring. The strip at the back, to which the pics are fixed, has been hand-painted. When you pull the strip the pictures turn themselves over and the word 'spring' can be read on the pull-strip. This was my first try with a waterfall, so I hope the next one will be a bit better. But at least it works!







The second card with something that moves has 2 tags, one of which has been made exactly as the previous one. I added some hearts and a sheep. The farmer (some of you might know him from Shaun the Sheep) has been mounted onto a strip of clear plastic, which is tucked into another strip to hold it. By pulling the plastic the farmer moves across the card, and can also be moved a bit up and down. This is also a 'first try', which I will try to improve. The card is for a little girl who will be 4; I have made her one of these sheep cards with a big pink bow each year for her birthday, as she loves 'seep'  and 'pnink' as she calls them.




I am also linking to Manon's 'Paper Saturdays', a fun place to link up any paper creations you have made.
And I have some 'Happy Mail' to share:

The pretty card and the bookmark, made of polymer clay came from Debbie, AKA Craftymoose. Debbie makes the most wonderful fantastic creatures from this clay, and hand-beaded flowers. Her blog is well worth a visit, so if you don't know it yet, pop over!


I received a hand-painted envelope stuffed full of goodies from Katie at the Red Tin.  Katie makes beautiful stuff from felt &  fabrics, such as bags and journal covers, and even made tiny books out of silk cocoons.  This is another blog well worth looking at if you don't already know it.
 


 Have a good weekend you all! Take care, and thanks for coming by.

33 comments:

  1. Your work is lovely, as usual, both the card and the tag are very clever. Enjoy your happy mail, too! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags Valerie. The background of the waterfall one is so pretty and the waterfall looks great.
    Great happy mail too - lucky you!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tags are brilliant, the CI one is my favourite.
    What lovely gifts you received.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Valerie. Love how the tag moves. Clever. Katie sends good stuff - and at least it reaches you! Have fun with it. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fantastic makes , its a super Waterfall tag [ I never had much luck making these]. The moving farmer is brilliant, he looks a real character.
    Great happy mail as well.
    Yvonne x
    p.s. forgot to thank you for joining us at TioT's this time, the are just right for our theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valerie, your post is wonderful. The tag is unique. I've never seen anything like it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cheerful, delicate, creative and original tags. Thank you for sharing. Have a great PPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The waterfall card is really cool, and I'm sure the sheep card will make for one happy little girl! Happy weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute cards and tags! And love the happy mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such darling tags...love how you mixed photos in your mixed media tags.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative with your tags. I just look at tags and can't think of anything to do with them, GADZ. Great artwork. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an ambitious and clever tag Valerie and I love the brighter colours.

    The card is a lot of fun-well it made me laugh.:)

    Terrific Happy mail you received as well.

    Have a lovely weekend

    Best wishes Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen a waterfall in ages Valerie and doesn't it look good with those images :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh clever you Valerie, I am loving your waterfall tag and the pnink seep card is gorgeous. Lovely gifts you have received too. Thank goodness it's the weekend, I've not had a minute to myself the last few days. It's lovely and sunny here today, it seems spring has finally arrived here too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your waterfall tag, I've always intended to have a go at making a waterfall card but never got round to it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shaun the Sheep! Love love love him what a great tag.

    Your Spring flip down tag is fun and what great Spring images you used!

    Wonderful collection of pieces.

    Hugs
    The Glitter Tart

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hallo Valerie!

    Ich habe deine beweglichen Tags schon bewundert und dann gerade eben Shaun das Schaf entdeckt, herrlich! :-)

    Herzliche Grüsse
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome tags Valerie. I love the man tag. Great work. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative and inspirational. The sheep and farmer card make me smile, and are so clever. I can imagine the little girl sitting there pulling the farmer carefully from side to side. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Spring tag and I love the farmer (he is so cute!) and the sheep, she will adore it for sure! Lovely goodies you received also! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, very clever and creative!!! Love your pull tab with the pop up images on the tag and the moving farmer too!!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at TioT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You made me smile :)Happy paper Saturdays
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your waterfall tag! I made a couple of waterfalls in a card format for my daughters on Valentines a couple of years ago, but I like your tag format better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE a waterfall card - haven't seen one of those in ages and your flowers just made it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great take on the challenge! Love the moving waterfall. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Valerie,
    Love those tags, especially the farmer one...really made me smile.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. excellent waterfall card, thank you so much for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brilliant Valerie, I love your elegant waterfall tag, and you birthday card is just so happy (ok maybe not the farmer lol)that it made me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the design with flaps - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lots of cute projects. The tags are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Valerie, tow fabulous tags, love the images you've used on the waterfall card, and the moving farmer is a brilliant make.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT this time.
    And

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Valerie, tow fabulous tags, love the images you've used on the waterfall card, and the moving farmer is a brilliant make.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT this time.
    And

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.