Sunday 3 March 2013

Hang about!

The current challenge at Out of a Hat Creations is 'Hang about'. I made my hanging (24x11cms) using cardboard. It was, as usual, partly peeled, painted, sprayed and then embossed with Utee gold. The tag itself has been cut from my old calendar, which gave me a lovely supply of shiny, black paper.  I stamped the background using my fave stamps and my new Fresco chalk ink from Gaby. Leonardo's lovely lady is a stamp from lost coast designs, and has been stamped with archival black onto the back of a biscuit packet. After fussy cutting, I distressed her with Victorian Velvet DI. I added some scraps of ancient book paper and dp, and a strip of lace. I used string to tie it all together, and added 2 black eyelets at the top to thread the ribbon through. I used some flowers, seam binding, a butterfly charm and some beads as embellishments.





We are still waiting for the spring here. Other places in Germany have already had sunshine, we just got grey skies - but the weather man have promised that tomorrow spring will be here - I wonder!
Have a great day you all, take care and thanks for coming by!

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That gold UTEE is awesome. I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Leonardo stamp Val. Spring??? Ahh yes I remember we had one about 2 years ago! It's been the same here Val. Hope SPRINGs eternal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats beautiful - love the flowers!

    I hope Spring does arrive for you tomorrow :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of texture and variety today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so pretty. Love the little butterfly charm. I hope you get a little spring tomorrow.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Valerie!
    Elegant work, lovey embellishments... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Valerie, the gold and pinks together are just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Valerie! I love the image and all the detail on the finished hanging.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. we have sunshine or the second day running!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sun is shining here, too....woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful, Val, a very elegant hanging! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Valerie the utee gold looks stunning. We have sunshine as well Whoopi. Thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this hanging and love when you play with UTEE very Spring like here today but wont last the week :( Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks gorgeous, beautiful trimmings and details. Hope you got your wish for Spring today, still waiting for it here.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! Love every little thing about it. Wonderful work - I can't understand why you don't win every contest there is going! xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  15. To be quite honest, Donna -nor do I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this really is beautiful Valeri the gold UTEE is a stunning touch this is one of my all time favourites of yours.

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work, Val, this would lovely on a wall! (Especially mine!) Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Valerie, was für ein traumhaft schönes Kunstwerk. Wirklich sehr aufwändig gearbeitet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh lah lah! That stamped UTEE is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very beautiful Valerie. I really love your use of corrugated card, the twine and the gold embossing is wonderful. Mo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really pretty creation Valerie. Love the dried flower addition.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful tag Valerie and love the stamping in the embossing powder :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning hanging about tag Valerie,love the gold utee.
    Thanks for sharing with us at out of a Hat
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very beautiful Valerie, I love how you stamp in the Utee, it looks fabulous. Pretty stamp and love the bouquet too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful Valerie, I love your tiny flowers and your embossing x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.