Good morning to you all. We have great weather here today, warm and sunny, and you can almost watch the leaves growing bigger and greener from minute to minute. Spring is just lovely!
I woke up early after having a nasty dream that the whole room was buzzing with bees and wasps, and wanted to look for an insect spray, but it was just a dream, although a nasty one. Now I am sitting on my balcony, enjoying the sunshine and the song of the birds, and drinking a large latte, so I feel good.
Yesterday I altered one of the mirrors that I bought at IKEA. I am entering it into the *Try it on Tuesday* Challenge, which is to alter a frame. The challenge there is being sponsored by *The Craft Barn*
And yesterday I made a card, which I am entering into the *Sunday Stampers* over at Hels' lovely blog, and into the April challenge on Daring Cardmakers, which is Daisies and sweet peas as flowers of the month. The only peas I have are the green variety, deep-frozen, so I decided to stick to daisies.
Hels' challenge was to use texture fades or dry embossing, so I used my dotty folder, which I am going dotty over, to make the background. I distressed the edges with some spun sugar, and then cut some daisies out of white paper. Hels has also put a great tutorial on her blog about dipping flowers into molten Utee to give them a face lift, which I decided to try. Mine turned out to be a tiny, tiny bit different. In fact, at first they looked awful. I used tweezers to hold them into the melting pan, but the tweezers kept untweezing themselves and letting go of the flowers. Then the tweezers fell into the melting pot, and I had to dig them out with a spatula....Well, several blisters, stuck-together-with-utee-fingers and swear words later, I had managed half a dozen reasonable daisies, into which I stuck some mini lilac daisies. And one of them has found its way onto the card, together with a die cut fence from TH's alterations. I stuck the fence on so that it curves forwards. The sentiment is really original, I think the fight with the tweezers and the blisters addled my brains. And then I stuck a butterfly onto it, which I don't like, but the glue was dry and it refused to budge! Here it is: