Monday, 18 April 2011
A Bird Book and a Card for Less is More
Monday again, and another week has begun. I have been busy crafting again over the weekend – what else? And the time just flew by. I have been busy on another little book, a paper bag album this time. They were in the kit I bought from Alyson. I covered the bags with paper from Daisy Ds, and then stamped them with script and flourishes in Victorian velvet distress ink. The edges were distressed with antique linen and Victorian velvet. After that I started with the decorating, using rub-ons, lace, die cuts, flowers etc. The birds have been die cut from paper which has been painted, stamped sprayed and embossed – I always use my paint & colour remains for this, saves wasting, and it’s a good way to try out patterns and techniques, too. After it had all been embellished, I cut part of the bag base off, punched holes along it, and sewed the pages together, strengthening the spine with some sewn on canvas. The covers have been made from distressed and embossed chipboard, and fixed with sticky backed canvas. It was the first time I have tried to put a book together like this, and I need to refine my technique, but practice makes perfect, so I will be trying it again. I took the photos before sewing the pages together, as I didn’t want to force the pages wide apart. I still have to make some tags or other little things to put into the bags, but apart from that, it is finished.
*Less is More*. The challenge this week is to use acetate, so I stamped my little row of houses onto acetate using Stazon black, mounted it onto yellow and then blue card, and then onto a yellow card in landscape format. The sentiment has been written by hand.
Okay, that was it for today. Thanks for dropping in, have a great day, and take care!