Thursday, 28 October 2010
This arch has been made for the new *text* challenge from Gothic arches. I have used an old photo of my great aunt, which was taken in 1918. I have printed the picture onto an overhead transparency, cut it into an arch, and mounted it onto different arches. The first arch has been cut from a sheet of floral paper on which I printed part of an old document from the family of my great aunt's husband. The same text is printed onto the last arch, too. I found the documents, some of which go back to the year 1701, in the dustbin after she died! The flower has been die cut with TH *Tattered Florals*. The third arch has been cut from some metallic paper, and the lace doiley I found in my stash. To carry on the text theme, I placed the arch on an old book of ladies' magazines from 1901. I found the combination of text and arches very interesting, and I am sure I will try some more variations of this theme. Thanks for looking!