Thursday 28 October 2010

Gothic Arches Challenge *Text*





This arch has been made for the new *text* challenge from Gothic arches. I have used an old photo of my great aunt, which was taken in 1918. I have printed the picture onto an overhead transparency, cut it into an arch, and mounted it onto different arches. The first arch has been cut from a sheet of floral paper on which I printed part of an old document from the family of my great aunt's husband. The same text is printed onto the last arch, too. I found the documents, some of which go back to the year 1701, in the dustbin after she died! The flower has been die cut with TH *Tattered Florals*. The third arch has been cut from some metallic paper, and the lace doiley I found in my stash. To carry on the text theme, I placed the arch on an old book of ladies' magazines from 1901. I found the combination of text and arches very interesting, and I am sure I will try some more variations of this theme. Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

  1. Fascinating background to this Val and a simply stunning arch. Love it!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, I had fun creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work again, and your great aunt was a beautiful woman! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah, she really was a lovely lady in all respects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ingenius techniques Val and brilliant to use your family in this terrific arch. Love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them val, well done with trying new techinques...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh so pretty... the flower is perfect!! Love your arch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning work Valerie!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great arch - I like the way you combined the image and text.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your mist of words! Fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot for your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- I love the effect of this x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my your back is great, it inspired me,,,,,yeahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the effect you've achieved here with the layering. Beautiful arch and a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! My great Aunt really was pretty, even as old lady she was very special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.