Saturday 16 October 2010

Colours of Halloween -LIIU Challenge



Well, I think I will have to mark today red in my calendar, as I have managed 2 posts today! Stayed at home, as it is very cold and wet and *ungemütlich* outside, and had a nice day *resting* - and my way of resting is crafting, baking, napping and eating. And the rest of the day will be knitting time, bought some pretty wool yesterday, and hope that it will be a thick, warm scarf by the time I go to bed.
My triptik has been made from chipboard, left over from a *present* album last Xmas. I just sawed off the bows at the top of the presents, and declared them to be a house and windows. I painted them with matte acrylic paint. The middle part has been *wall-papered* with ceramic paper, which has been treated with resist ink (for the moon) and then distressed and stamped with TH inks and archival black and partly black embossed. The window frames have been hung with nets, spider's webs, birds, spiders, skeletons having a ball and a scary cat. The bats, witch's hat, shoes, broom and small birds are sizzix die cuts. The branches and trees in the background have been hand doodled. I fixed the three parts together so that each side gives a different picture. The hinges have been made from some gold wire and red beads, which I snipped off some Xmas decorations. Was fun to make, even if it was a bit fiddly in between. Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, you were busy today! This has turned out very well. We are off to my MIL this evening :( Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Val you really do have the knack of making very spooky Halloween things, I so wish we did more for Halloween loving the hat is it a die cut shape? and the bats wow!!!hugs almaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alma, I loove spooky things!Yes, they are all sizzix die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW val, you have been busy, well done they are fab...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is very very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee Val this is totally spectacular. The way you have put all these elements together is awesome. A brilliant piece of crafting. Thank you so much for playing at LIIU and have a great weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Netty, it was such fun playing with all those spoooooky bits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly gorgeous love it love it. Thanks for sharing at Let's Ink It Up.
    Shirley x
    Love your profile that's exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shirl, and hope to *see* you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val your work is beautiful as always, can you send some inspiration to us here in the UK?
    I for one really need some
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, what a wonderful spooky creation! Really stunning work Val, I love all the detail! It must have taken you ages but well worth it. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot Claire, it was great fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is SO striking Valerie, well worth all of your efforts..and huffing & puffing! It also represents the kind of 'resting' that I wholly approve of, along with the eating, knitting and the odd bit of baking...tho' I gather you gave my apple cake away to karen...tut! lol!
    Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not true Sue, there was enough there, you must have fallen asleep again....

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fantastic project! Congratulations!!! ;))) hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.