Monday 18 October 2010

Fun altered lamp for halloween





While I was clearing up last week, I discovered this *wellness* lamp which I got as a present some time in the past. I don't like coloured lamps - except for the one in my bath tub with turns the foam all sorts of colours - as the changing colours make me nervous. And then I realised that I had a fun moon for halloween - wow! Made some spooky die-cuts, stuck them round the lamp, and then went into the hall - the only dark part of the house just now - and let the colour change run and I think it looks really good. Now I have a fun item for my halloween party - and perhaps I will leave it in my dark hallway till then - just for fun!
Apart from that, it's a cold, damp and windy Monday, I'm freezing, and my nose is running a lot faster than I can these days - it can only get better! Have a nice week you all!



I am entering this for the *alter it monthly* challenge

15 comments:

  1. Wow,this is funtastic and spookalicious! Hugs, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.. I bet it looks so great with all the other lights off in the dark.. great idea.. and thanks for joining us on Alter It Monthly... Loving the piece below too... x ( I love Halloween)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work as usual, wouldn't mind that lamp either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow its gorgeous. I cheated as today I bought a skeleton witch whose eyes light up red when she cackles and I bought a Menu Board called The CrossBones Inn which offers many great delights........lol I know little people with little minds thats me........ooh I love Halloween...... Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do I Netty, for me better than Xmas, cause I love all things spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab lamp val, great idea too, well done...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very spooky I just love it hugs alma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Alma, it looks good in the dark hall with the changing colours and spooky pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW...how cool this will look at your party Valerie!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun. Your lamp is Halloween-ific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. love your halloween themed page to.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.