Tuesday 10 July 2012

Tag Tuesday

Hi everybody! The theme this week at Tag Tuesday is  'Swimming', and that includes everything  that has something to do with it. My first tag is a little man who was determined to fill his pool although his Mum had said no! The photo has been backed with some of my hand-painted papers, and I added some pirate accessories, and Noah's Ark, which I found in my button box.



I love this vintage image. I have mounted it onto a distressed and painted cardboard tag, cut in the shape of a beach hut. The shabby bow is a scrap of cotton, and the sun is a yellow daisy. I have added gold glass-glitter sand and some shells.

I discovered these 2 buxom wenches in their jazzy swim-suits, and had to put them on a tag. The tag is a piece of a cornflakes box, covered with some of the blue cotton I used for the bow in the tag above. I fussy cut the images and then rolled them round a pencil to make them stand out before fixing them with foam squares. I wonder what they won those cups for??


 And these are some mini-flip-flops, which we all need for the beach and swimming....


I made this card for my DT piece at 'The Cheerful Stamp-Pad', using the lovely silhouette from Floppy Latte Digitals, *Music of Love*. I have printed the image onto some glossy paper, over-stamped it with  music notes (LaBlanche) and distressed the background in gradient colours. I have kept the embellishments simple, just a ribbon and a small flower with liquid pearls at the centre. The text is mounted inside the card as easel-stopper.



Here's wishing you all a good day. Take care, have fun, and thanks for coming by!

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags Valerie, I love the two buxom wenches.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags and card, each so different and unique! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative, Valerie!
    Look at all these... WOW! Such a wide range of elements used in your work. :]
    Love your sense of humor, in the first tag! (LOL)
    Take care.
    ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative, Valerie!
    Look at all these... WOW! Such a wide range of elements used in your work. :]
    Love your sense of humor, in the first tag! (LOL)
    Take care.
    ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tags Valerie and the card is gorgeous...very elegant.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a feast all fabulous love the first tag with the little boy, that has me in stitches XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, love that pirate tag. so super creative....and i also love the sunshine and fun times one. great photo...and the gold glitter is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fabulousness to absorb.
    Love the vintage images and the way you cut the tag into a beach hut shape.
    Wonderful post.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely tags Valerie, naughty little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, he really was a little imp, always up to mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I know which pool I don't want to take a swim in! Ha!Ha! Love these tags and the vintage bathing beauties are fabulous images! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee, hee, fun and frolics today Valerie and the swimming ladies are wearing my kind of swimming costume - totally covered up - not so sure about the long socks though! Have a nice evening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work, Val, the little boy in the first one looks a real little terror! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. The top tag certainly made me laugh and loving the others. The last tag has to be my top hole favourite, especially loving the words. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you have been rather busy, what a wonderful assortment ! That cheeky chappie on the first one made me laugh, the two buxom bathing beauties most probably won the cups for looking the least like women, love the cool socks !. Great new look for your blog Valerie !

    Marie R & B send their regards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Valerie! Great tags. I like them all. The vintage images are just awesome. I also like your new look. Your blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie, those girls, especially the one with the socks, look positively dangerous. Perhaps they got prizes for boxing?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these tags Valerie! The 2 wenches look like they have a story to tell, the looks on their faces are something in of itself! Love all the comments ahead of me on the ladies, they seem to have sparked an interest with all of us, lol. Mutiny at the pool is precious too, love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Valerie. Fabulous makes. I needed a giggle today. Thank you!! The little boy tag is brilliant.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been busy, as usual Valerie! I particularly like your two cup winners - I think they won a prize for Best Swimming outfits, don't you? Are they boots or socks she's wearing?!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they're socks, she looks like a prize boxer to me! Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun summer projects! Makes me want to be by the sea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.