Tuesday 3 July 2012

Tag Tuesday

It's Tuesday already and that means it's Tag Tuesday again. Our theme this week is * seaside*. I have made 2 tags, I'm not really happy with either of them, but didn't have the energy yesterday to do more than read and rest.

The first tag has been made using an image from one of my old German magazines from 1898, showing a trip to the seaside! I have printed the tag onto photo paper, and mounted it on a piece of hand painted paper. I have added 2 of my hand-made beads, and 2 others from a necklace that broke last week. I wanted to use some shells, but the box with the shells and other fishy things has gone AWOL; I will probably find it at Xmas when I am looking for the Easter eggs, or something like that!


The second tag has been distressed with tumbled glass and wild honey. The stamps are from an American company that stopped producing last year, but I've forgotten the name! Update - it was Scrollswork! I added some gold glass glitter for sand. The fibres were from a hat I kintted for someone.


So, that's all for today. Have a good day, take care, and thanks for visiting.

20 comments:

  1. The tags are both very pretty! Love the picture of the Victorian bathers! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the tags are brilliant and the children at the beach in their finery are a real treasure

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... these tags, are fantastic! :]
    The images are beautiful, love the soft colors behind them too.
    Very nice work, Valerie.
    Take care, enjoy your Tuesday! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Valerie. Beautiful tags. Love the image you have used on the first and the stamped image on the second. I have only just found wild honey. It is such a gorgeous colour.
    Take care.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely tags today Valerie, with a vintage seaside theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both super tags, Valerie! Hope you're feeling good today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags, love the beach themed one. hope you feel a bit better today.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tags Valerie! I love the gorgeous beads you made too, really festive! Love how you colored the 2nd one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those children stamps :)
    always such a shame when a company goes out of bussines
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tags, I love how you layer your colour and imagery and those handmade beads look great x

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the seaside theme to these...the fringe on the 2nd tag is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great vintage image and stamp Valerie and I love the beads and the touches of sparkle. Two lovely tags. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both the tags, they are just lovely and so summery! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are beautiful although I do love the stamp on the second such a lovely image. The addition of the sparkly sand is super Hope you are feeling a little chirpier today Valerie.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your seaside tag and they are both very nice Valerie. Hi and I hope you are doing well. Sorry I haven't been around but I have been off and on from time to time. I will be doing PPF this week. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Stay well and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful sense of nostalgia to these beautiful tags.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these tags are wonderful! The beads really add a nice embellishment! Scrolls Work Stamps was my first DT experience and I have a nice collection, but don't have the one you used. Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Val...I do adore your sea side creations. What wonderful inspiration that 1800s magazine.do take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, you may not be happy with them - I personally am absolutely delighted! They are both gorgeous. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hand made beads are fab! Hope your box turns up too... I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.