Friday 10 December 2010

2 *Snowflake* arches for the Gothic Arches Challenge



Brrrrrr! It's chilly here. Just been out on the balcony in PJs and dressing gown to take the pics of my arches, as the light inside was not so good this morning. Managed to get some pics of the mist, and then watched the sun slowly rising over the snowy fields, and now I feel like I have been deep frozen!
Made 2 simple arches this time. The blue one has been cut from some blue patterned paper from the *Taj Mahal* Stack, overlaid with some blue starry gauze material, and then I put an embossed and distressed frame round it. Added some snowflakes, a TH die cut, and some alphas, and that was it.
The second arch has been cut from different scraps of black and white card which were part of a calendar from last year, I added a silver border, the flower, 2 snowflakes and a text made with the Brother P-touch. Was fun making them, as always. Thanks for looking, and keep warm and safe!

13 comments:

  1. You've been at it again! Well done, lovely arches! And did you do the h*******k? Have a nice weekend, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie, thanks very much for the Christmas card and tag that have arrived safely....I am so happy especially with the tag! Marvellous to have something so beautiful, thanks petal. I've been doing a little gentle crafting myself but nothing as creative as you've been doing, these arches are fantastic to look at. Hope you are keeping warm, it looks very wintry over there. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! Carole, you are very welcome, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty arches....I can feel the chill of the snowflakes all the way over here! (wink)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Terr, sure wish I could send you some of our snow and ice!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your great Christmas card Valerie. I love your arches they are totally perfect. But you are bonkers my friend, fancy going out in the cold like that.....brain surgery for you......lol Enjoy the weekend and take care, Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab arches val, well done, love the colours...

    also thank you also for my christmas card, I love the background (as did my mum, she tried to pinch it, lol)...

    take care
    hugs
    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot ladies! Netty, I don't think brain surgery would help, it's gone past that stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful arches, so elegant Valerie. I thought the blue one looked like fabric, then reading your description - what a wonderful idea to lay a fancy gauze over the pretty paper - inspiring as always!
    Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sue, nice to see you around again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tags are fabulous - and so very elegant. Love the arched effect.
    Well done Valerie - and thank you so much for the lovely christmas card too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks China, glad the card got to you safely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your arches are STUNNING! lovely work and I am so happy you could play in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.