Saturday 26 September 2009

Canvas clock





I started to do this canvas last year. First I worked on it with glimmer mist and ink-pads, partly stamped some corner motives and some script in the middle, and then did some random embossing with gold and colourless powder. I didn't know what to do with it, so I put it in my capacious built in cupboard. They yesterday Jenni, one of the *girls* on our scrapbooking forum, was talking about a canvas she was planning to paint and stamp, and it reminded me of my *hidden* one. Got it out, looked at it, and still didn't know what to do with it. Decided to glaze it with glimmer mod-podge and some glitter in gold and pink, but it still somehow looked unfinished. Then I remembered a broken clock I had seen in the same cupboard - took it out, took it apart, made a hole in the canvas and fixed it to the middle. Decided to put a battery in it to see if it would work, and lo and behold, it started ticking. Then I took it apart again and removed the clock-face, it just didn't look right. Put the clock back again, stuck a chipboard frame round it, and now I have a canvas clock. The clock does not seem to be very accurate, but it moves and ticks - what more can one want?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Val! This is stunning! Where do you get your ideas from? You are so talented.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susie! My head is always full of nonsense, lots of ideas, little time, no money, more or less!! Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.