Friday 12 November 2010

Simon Says Stamp and Show your Favourite Tim Holtz Stamp!





Impossible to have just one favourite stamp from TH!! As I love nearly all of his things, I have made a tag using lots of different techniques, as I always have different favourites! The tag is made of corrugated cardboard from an old box, and has first been embossed with my favourite TH embossing folder. Then I swiped it with archival black and clear embossed it. Then came the perfect pearls in pink, gold and interference blue, which I heat embossed again. Then I used my favourite bird-cage die, cut from an old chocolate package. The bird has been die-cut from cardboard, clear embossed and then brushed with the same colours of perfect pearls before heating. The nest has been made from some fibres, the metal charm is from LaBlanche, with a flower embedded in glossy accents. The *admit one* ticket has been stamped with archival ink, clear-embossed and then cut out and fixed with jump rings to the cage. Was fun to make, as always, but difficult to photograph and get the colours! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

  1. Schön gearbeitet, gefällt mir gut! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Val these are terrific my friend, what a brilliant job you have done with all the wonderful diecuts and folders. Now I understand about PP am really going to have to get some, because despite all my mess ups with them I really love the effect now I have mastered it...........lol Have a great weekend. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful!! I love ALL of the detail!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Val! I'm just wishing I was as adept as you at TH techniques.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words Ladies, it is just such fun playing with all these things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag! Love the detail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fab take on Tim's birdcage die !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another lovely tag val, well done...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for the kind words, very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is lovely, too, well done! Have a good week, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sarah, hope you have a good week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad I found your blog again, Valerie. Very unique work, I like what you say in your profile about being the first You, not a second someone else. CoB x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Carole, I think it is important just to *do your own thing*!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.