Thursday 23 February 2012

Silk Scarves

On Tuesday evening one of the nurses here did a silk painting class with a group of us. I I made 2 scarves, using a sort of batik Technic, which was quick and easy. We had to leave them to dry overnight, and then iron them to fix the colours. It's the first time I've had an iron in my hands for a long time! Then the scarves had to washed to remove any excess dye, and ironed again - phew! Here they are:



Next week she is doing another class, so I've signed up already!

The weather here is mild and sunny, saw the first snowdrops when I went for my walk yesterday, so I very much hope that more will follow, I've had enough of cold and winter!

And before I close, here's another joke from Narda:

Kidnapping

A blonde woman was having financial troubles so she decided to kidnap a child and demand a ransom. She went to a local park, grabbed a little boy, took him behind a tree and wrote this note: "I have kidnapped your child. I am sorry to do this but I need the money. Leave $10,000 dollars in a plain brown bag behind the big oak tree in the park at 7 a.m.. Signed, the Blonde." She pinned the note inside the little boy's jacket and told him to go straight home. The next morning, she returned to the park to find the $10,000 in a brown bag behind the big oak tree, just as she had instructed. Inside the bag was the following note: "Here is your money. I cannot believe that one blonde would do this to another."

Have a good day you all, take care and thanks for visiting!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Val, you seem to be up early! The kids woke me this morning, sometimes they are a band of little insomniacs! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... these scarves are beautiful! :]
    I would have signed up for next week's class too... enjoy creating. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarves you made are exquisite, Valerie! Love the colours and the lovely flowing pattern. Snowdrops -- oh how they bring back memories of spring in Britain for me. Enjoy your warmer weather and have a lovely day. take care. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scarves Valerie :)
    Talk about being blonde rofl
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Valerie. The scarves look amazing. Can see why you have signed up for another class.
    Take care,
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful scarves Valerie, I can see why you want to join in again. We have snowdrops out too, I always think these are such brave little flowers. Loved the joke too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scarves are stunning Valerie - def. worth getting the iron out! lol
    Good joke too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having a real bad day and reading ur post made me laugh!!
    your silk scarves are gorgeous!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your designed silk fabric is beautiful!
    They will be gorgeous to wear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my these scarves are absolutely beautiful! I love the colors in yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous scarves Valerie! I can see how one would get hooked on this craft very easily! Loved Nardas joke too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, those scarves are inCREDible- lucky you to be able to take this class! And I'm still laughing over the blonde joke :D
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those scarves are gorgeous, bet you are thrilled to get these results using that unmentionable household appliance. Wonder what you will make next time.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love! Love! Love! the scarves :0) Can't wait to see what you do in the next class,.
    Funny joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Valerie, your scarves are gorgeous, well worth the ironing that was involved! Hope you've had a good day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous scarves Valerie, I love the design and the colours too:0) Narda's joks made me giggle, how stoopid? Great fun LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh There GORGEOUS!!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha...and your scarves are beautiful. Glad to hear the weather's warming up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous scarves.. They look like they would be fun to make.. LOVED you Blonde joke.. Too funny!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my GORGEOUS!! Those scarves are lovely! I would love to learn how to do that!! I would be signing up for the next class too! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous scarves! Oh I'd love to do that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha ha!!!!

    Love your silk scarves.... they are SO pretty

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.