Monday 13 February 2012

More this and that....

Hi you all, hope you have all had a great weekend. Here it was extremely cold - still -10°, but sunny. The weather should be getting warmer today, and bringing rain, which is going to make for some very icy roads, so I'm happy I don't need to go any place today.
Yesterday we had another peaceful day- We had a good lunch, then I had a nap, and then H. had set the table with coffee and more decadent slices of cheesecake....sorry again Auntie Cissie and Donna, but we ate it all up! Then two of the men here had visits from their wives, who turned up bearing large cakes - a beautiful many layered cake filled with butter-cream and a *Streusel* cake filled with vanilla pudding. Well, it would have been rude to say no, wouldn't it!!!!? Anyway, we decided to leave out supper to make up for it. After eating all that cake we made some more cards, and had a fun afternoon.

This is a pic I tool looking out of my window yesterday afternoon. There is a clematis there in summer, and I noticed that a bird has made its nest there, too. But I hope I will be home before the birds start nesting!


This is the card I made Saturday afternoon, I took the pattern round the back. I painted it with water colour pencils and distress inks. The hedgehog and bee stamps are both from LaBlanche.



I made this card yesterday, it is my DT piece for *The Cheerful Stamp Pad*, where the theme this time is birthdays. It's for a little girl who loves blue and bling, so I think she will like it!


And last but not least, an envelope ready to take my twichies for the Gingersnaps swap. It will be on its way to England tomorrow, lucky thing!


Have a great day, take care, and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, and the envelope is fantastic! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of interesting yummy things happening where you are! Your cards are great - love the little girl one - how could she not be delighted! Your envelope is GRAND .. might slow it down a little as people will be curious and posties will probably take it home to their families for a boo. Nice little birds nest too .. wonder if they will return. Enjoy your day ... any left over cake? :o) hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spring feel to your pages..... and how the background echoes your photograph.

    Sweet card.... and lovely mail art - you always manage to be so wonderfully productive!

    Have a great day.

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness Valerie, better keep quiet about all that cake, you'll have aunt Cissie breaking down the door! Beautiful cards, love the watercolours and that envelope is fab. Have a nice day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...all that lovely cake - yes, it would have been rude not to eat it..:)
    Loving all your artwork - beautiful vintage feel to your card and the mail art is fabulous.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, I loved the way you wrapped the art round the back of the card.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both lovely cards Valerie. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valerie. Beautiful cards. Love the photo - so inspirational. As always fabulous mail art. Have a great day. Enjoy your cakes. Diets can start next week! lol!
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and exquisite mail art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have been spoiled with LOTS of treats! yummy! Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards! You have me craving a piece of cake...my belly is growling :) May have to get out to the kitchen soon and satisfy my craving! It's about 25 degrees here in Iowa this morning and we're to get 1-2" of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful cards and those cakes sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Valerie, I'm glad you're getting cake, a body needs cake and coffee LOL Great cards I love both:0) Your envelope is beautiful! Look at the totally fabulous sky in your photograph, what colours wow! Stay warm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I didn't know you better I might think you have gone off to a crafting retreat. Sounds like you are having way too much fun! Love todays work also, take care and keep enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Valentines Day, Valerie.

    Your newest creations are terrific and I enjoy your photos. You do stay busy and the cake -- yum yum.
    Stay warm!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of fabulous work obviously the cake had something to do with it.!Love the watercolor card especially such beautiful images.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. That photo really spoke to me, Valerie. The lonely bird nest in the Winter. I love that! :-)
    Beautiful work on those cards, too. Really love the background/sky in the watercolor. And that envelope! LOVE how you do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.