Saturday 7 August 2010

Yet again more tags....

Actually, I wasn't planning on making any tags, Just though I would play with my TH *Gadget gears* die. Wasn't sure if I really like it. Good news. I LOVE it!! Cut some gears out of different materials - cardboard, which I partly peeled, the brown *honeycomb* paper that you sometimes get on top of choccies, and some shiny gold card that is inside the boxes of Aldi's *chocolate kisses* - I of course ONLY buy them to get the nice golden card for making die cuts, then I have to eat them up so as not to waste. As this has already wasted my waist to the form of a well stuffed sausage, I suppose I might as well carry on.....
Well, back to the tags. Used some card from a tissue box to cut the tags, and covered them with scraps of K & Co paper which has sayings written all over it. Then I rubbed each one with *Stickles* - rubbed it on with my finger to give a nice shine, (on the card, not on my finger!!) and let them dry. In the meantime, I was able to nibble on a few chocolate kisses and distress the cardboard die cuts with ink, some bronze embossing powder, and a sprinkling of perfect pearls in electric blue. Then I decorated the tags with the usual mixture of this and that, fixed the gadget gears with decorative buttons and a giant press-stud and some ribbons to tie the buttons on. The press-stud has been given some gold-leaf edging and then some *glossy accents*. They have turned out a bit different to my usual ones, but I like them, too, and I have managed to use up a lot of scraps in the process ( and enjoy *chocolate kisses!!!*) Thanks for looking! *Everything's good when it's made out of chocolate!*

12 comments:

  1. Lovely tags! Now I must disappear, my hubby would kill me if he thought I was on the computer instead of making his brekkies - hehe!! Hugs,
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabby tags as ever Valerie - I thin I may have to put that gears die on my wish list!
    Jackie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tags Val and like Jackie that die is going on my list!lol I've been thinking about it for a while now - you've convinced me!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW fab tags val, love that die!!!!!

    and love what you did you did with the empty box, lol...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeeeeehr schön, es wird immer besser und besser! Grüße aus Köln, M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Val they are fab. Love your recycling, always wondered if I could use that brown crinkly stuff inside choccy boxes, thanks so much for sharing. Enjoy the weekend and have a choccy on me......Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Netty, the choccies were from Xmas, I just kept the paper. But i will eat a chocolate kiss for you.....mmmmm, nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun chocolaty post Valerie lol! Your tags are brilliant - thank you for some great ideas on how to use those cog die cuts!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sue, everything has to be good if there's chocolate somewhere in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tags Valerie and I especially love how your crafting justifies eating chocolate! That is definitely a win win situation!

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.