Tuesday 11 December 2012

Tag Tuesday and Memory Shrine

Hi you all! Here is my tag for 'Deck the Halls' for Tag Tuesday. I found some Graphics 45 paper in my stash with carols on it, so used it for the background. The lovely window cut-out was sent me by a friend, as was the lantern, holly wreath and bow - just in time for this piece! I put a Christmas tree 'inside' the window, so it looks like you are looking in.


The challenge at 'out of  a hat' creations this week is to make a shrine. I have used a little tin which was once filled with delicious, mini Lindt chocolates. I did not paint the tin, as I thought it was too pretty to alter. I lined the inside with lace and some beaded flower trim, and added photos of my Mum and me as babies, some flowers and a butterfly. My Mum used to love yellow and lilac flowers, so I have used them here. I decorated the lid with some butterflies and a metal flower which used to be on a brooch of my Mum's. I used some old, lace hankies of my Mum's as a background. 
I am still very slow at crafting on account of my shaky fingers, but I am hopeful that sooner or later I will be able to craft without dropping everything I pick up at least 5 times!





Have a great day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!


25 comments:

  1. Love both pieces, the memory shrine is really precious, love the photos you have used! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are really beautiful Valerie.

    Thank you for joining us at the Hatters with your shrine it is such a wonderful subject to have chosen for a shrine.

    Hope your day is going well

    Love Chrissie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, you do incredible work considering your hands are so shaky.
    A fabulously nostalgic card and love the shrine.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag and also a beautiful shrine. I thought your hands must be coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shrine is so precious and wonderfully decorated, your tag very christmasey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card and shrine are gorgeous! Lovely pictures inside too with the beautiful flowers, just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tag is perfect! And I agree the tin is too pretty to cover up. What precious pics :) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Valerie the shrine is just delightful So precious I just love it, The tag is so lovely to. Lovely to have you back with us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your window tag Valerie, but your shrine is so very very special and a wonderful keepsake. So pleased you are improving. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely 3 dimensional tag. Love the colour of your tin and sympathetic decoration. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be very frustrating, yet you are churning out beautiful pieces, my friend. Hope it is relaxing for you to create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT a beautiful recycled chocolate tin! Great idea and composition - I love the sweet little faces in there. AND another great idea to have your tag with it's perspective - I love how we are "peeking" in :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects, love your memory box shrine.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Valerie, the altered tin is just gorgeous! You're right...two beautiful to paint! I really like how you put the tree behind the window in the card. Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, all your creations are just beautiful Valerie. Love it. Thank you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Val but that tin is Gorgeous!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, Valerie. I'll bet I know where you got the die cuts, because I got some too - she's such a doll. Your memory shrine is truly beautiful. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pieces, Valerie! I'm especially in love with the little tin :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the window effect of the card Valerie and the tin is so pretty.

    Especially the sweet pictures of you and your mum as young girls.... so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Valerie
    Wishing you well. ~xx
    Love the altered tin heart, a great piece! :]
    The card is wonderful too... keep "arting" my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiul pics, Valerie! your work is amazing, really! I wish I could make such beautiful cards.
    xoxo
    oh and the tin...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely shrine Valerie & fab Tag,
    Thanks for sharing with us at Out of a Hat
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tag is wonderful! I love the window and all the elements! Your tin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful shrine and the die cuts are perfect. The little tin is so sweet, what a lovely keepsake.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.